Is SIU fun to watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is SIU fun to watch?

Today on Sports Daily a few regular callers, including the infamous Dennis, said that SIU was fun to watch Saturday. Even Bruce and lolutz agreed!

On Saturday, the better team won. Simple as that.

But fun to watch? I don't get that. That offense? That defense? How is that anywhere near fun to watch? UNC and Duke ... those teams are fun to watch.

Maybe I am bias so ... just vote.

Fun to watch if you enjoy jabbing a butcher knife in your stomach repeatedly over and over.

Comment

No.
      ~ShockerShow~ :P
      GET LOUD n' GET SOME
      ShockerNet's Most Wanted

Comment

My wife says "The way SIU plays, ruins the game of basketball." SIu is not fun to watch. I will watch them on tv because they play in the valley, but their style of play gives the valley as a whole a bad reputation. Just like the valley championship game on cbs last year. I think that was one of the reason the valley was getting bagged on for getting so many teams in the ncaas.
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

They are not fun to watch, but I could certainly sit back and watch them execute their "style" with admiration and respect. What they do, they do better than anyone in the nation.
          Livin the dream

Comment

U. G. L. Y. is NOT fun!!! They will never beat us 3 games in a row this year!!! Never!!!
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

As a WSU fan, SIU is not fun to watch. I'd rather watch paint dry. I'm sure they are not fun to watch for anyone else in the country other than SIU fans. Regardless, I've got to give them props. They consistently win, so I can't fault them for that.

Comment

I like watching really good defense. I always enjoy watching siu games because they are not pretty. I personally have a lot of respect for siu. I just like watching good knock down dragout games of all sports. Maybe its just the purity of the competion and the principle of that driving a sport or game.

Comment

I dont mind watching a good defensive team.

It just sucks when the team they are playing just arent doing anything at all

Anyways a cliche answer would be 'Id rather go to the dentist"

i would use this term here. Except my dentist is a Creighton alum

:cry:

Comment

I respect the hell out of SIU and what they've been able to do. But I can't stand watching an SIU game. Even trying to watch WSU/SIU is pretty tough. Win or lose
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

Well its seems that when siu was doing nothing at all that was exactly what they wanted to do. Run the shot clock and get it to tataum with about 5 ticks left. So to say they werent doing anything at all is actually rather far from the truth of the matter. They were doing exactly what they wanted. Not to nit pick though... I do understand what you meant... I think.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                        Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

Well its seems that when siu was doing nothing at all that was exactly what they wanted to do. Run the shot clock and get it to tataum with about 5 ticks left. So to say they werent doing anything at all is actually rather far from the truth of the matter. They were doing exactly what they wanted. Not to nit pick though... I do understand what you meant... I think.
                        I was talking about us. :D

Comment

Sub, how is it you "enjoy" watching siu. Granted they have a style that wins. But, a rugby game is played outdoors. This THUG BASKETBALL is just plain ugly and boring in everyway.

I thank God (not subgod) that I don't have to spend my hard earned season ticket money on thug ball.

Please don't think I attacking you, I agree with 99% of your posts. Just the enjoy comment doesn't sit well with me. Respect them, well I'm working on that.

Sorry I'm still pissed by the way we played.

One other point, this is not directed at sub, but to everyone that reads this.

When Dunegal was at Ill. St. everyone in the league complained about his style of roughneck ball and when Randy Smithson was here, the league used to complain about his hack-a-rama ball. The officals constantly and rightfully rang us up for fouls. MT's first year, he had to change the leagues and officals view of WSU.

Why does this not apply to siu and Coach Thug Lowry? (and the excuse they get called for fouls, is lame, when they foul so much that the officals will only call one third of the fouls, so they don't have to stop play, on every play)

Finally, I think when we play siu, we should send a few guys in to retalliate with in the frameworks of the game. What will happen is the officals will have to get a hold on the game and that will take thug u. out of their game.

Comment

Heck no SIU is not fun to watch, but the real question are we fun to watch right now? absolutely not.

Comment

Okay I read a lot on this board but can someone explain to me why the word "thug" is used when explaining SIU's defense or used when talking about a player who has fouled one of our guys hard (Falker, Coleman). I guess when I think of a thug an SIU player doesn't really come to mind, kinda think of a guy that robs an old lady or something. Sorry if I'm off the topic!

Comment

Working...
                              X