This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans...

I have to say that our "fans" are the most pathetic fans I've ever seen. I know there isn't a lot to be happy about sometimes, but when there is a moment to be joyful about, the patrons of Koch arena seem dead. I looked around several times tonight when we cut it to five during the dwindling minutes of the game, going nuts myself, and noticed everyone sitting around, seemingly lifeless in their chairs. No wonder our Wranglers left, no wonder we don't have a football team. There is no market for either because Wichitans are fair weather, bandwagon, lifeless fans. Someone made a post about us becoming "the cubs of college basketball". Well, anyone who has been to a Cubs game knows that no matter what, Wrigley is rockin. I'm sorry, but I was disgusted. Can't wait for another baseball super regional when Wichitans finally decide to buy tickets when we're good. What a disgrace.

shut up
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
      shut up
      I see you agree. I can tell by your highly intelligent reply.

Comment

We had nearly a full arena with a 1-6 conference record. How are those fans pathetic. Just because everyone was sitting on their hands when the team was down 10 points doesn't mean they are fair weathered. Any other school in the Big 12 or the MVC would have fans scalping tickets at half price.
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
          We had nearly a full arena with a 1-6 conference record. How are those fans pathetic. Just because everyone was sitting on their hands when the team was down 10 points doesn't mean they are fair weathered. Any other school in the Big 12 or the MVC would have fans scalping tickets at half price.
          Were you there? Did you hear the place? And lastly, have you been to any other sporting event? Sorry, it was pathetic. And yes it was nearly full, but that merely adds fuel to my fire.

Comment

no offense man, im not saying i agree with him, but did you look around our arena, it was not even close to being full. I would say there were at least 500 empty seats
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              no offense man, im not saying i agree with him, but did you look around our arena, it was not even close to being full. I would say there were at least 500 empty seats
              Don't be afraid to agree pal. I can see by your avatar you've been to a Chiefs game. Not mentioning fan turnout, because as a Chiefs season ticket holder, I know attendance dwindled by the end of the year, but we get crazy. Most shocker fans, student section barred and the dude the whistles really loud, are prudes.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShox117
                Were you there? Did you hear the place? And lastly, have you been to any other sporting event? Sorry, it was pathetic. And yes it was nearly full, but that merely adds fuel to my fire.
                Yes, I was there. I was sitting on the floor and it sounded loud to me when it was warranted. Yes, it could have been louder, but some people decided to leave with 2:30 left in the game, so half of the crowd was gone in the final 2 minutes. Those fans we can do without, the fans that were left were making quite a bit of noise.

Yes, I've been to many other sporting events at WSU. Men's and Women's basketball, Volleyball and WSU Baseball, even the regional and super regional this last season. I've even been to a Bowling event.
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Don't be afraid to agree pal. I can see by your avatar you've been to a Chiefs game. Not mentioning fan turnout, because as a Chiefs season ticket holder, I know attendance dwindled by the end of the year, but we get crazy. Most shocker fans, student section barred and the dude the whistles really loud, are prudes.
                  i agree with parts of it, but not all of it, but i do respect your opinion. And yes i love my chiefs as much as i love my shocks, and this year all they have made me do is this. :cry:

Comment

I did see quite a few open seats at the top of the student section, as well as a few bare sections here and there. But, the arena was still 90% full imo (which I consider nearly full), and that's pretty good for a wednesday night game against a mediocre team when the Shox are playing as poorly as they are right now. It could have been louder, yes, but it wasn't as bad as it's been in the past.
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Yes, I was there. I was sitting on the floor and it sounded loud to me when it was warranted. Yes, it could have been louder, but some people decided to leave with 2:30 left in the game, so half of the crowd was gone in the final 2 minutes. Those fans we can do without, the fans that were left were making quite a bit of noise.

Yes, I've been to many other sporting events at WSU. Men's and Women's basketball, Volleyball and WSU Baseball, even the regional and super regional this last season. I've even been to a Bowling event.
                      Well, I was there in section 112, row 1A, seat 5 (floor seats as well), thank you KSN. There were tons of times I turned around to see no one cheering, and then turned to my left to see the student section going nuts.

By the way, I didn't mean other WSU sporting events. I meant other sporting events where real fans go crazy no matter what. Most WSU sporting events don't hold a candle to those, barring baseball, as stated before, during a bandwagonal... oops, I mean regional.

Comment

Get a grip and check out these bad fans http://www.texags.com/main/forum.topic.asp?forum_id=7

Comment

I remarked to those around me about the empty seats, although it didn't surprise me. But when you think that we are 1-6 (9th place) in the Valley we are drawing pretty darn good considering. Look at A&M, they weren't drawing crap considering they had won the preseason NIT and were in the top 15 in the country. We still have some of the best support of any college basketball team in the country.

As far as noise level, that is a seperate issue and it was pretty dead. The crowd half-heartedly responded when there were good plays. That disappointed me some. I don't care what our record is, when there are good plays and we get on a run (something everyone should be stoked about LOL) we should still get on our feet, make some noise and show our support.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                            Get a grip and check out these bad fans http://www.texags.com/main/forum.topic.asp?forum_id=7
                            First of all, don't tell me to get a grip, I don't give a flying **** what some jokes from Texas talk about on a message board. I'm talking about the fans in the arena, at an actual game, in real life. I'm not talking about cyberspace. Those opinions are meaningless to me, I'm talking about the lame fans at Koch arena.

Comment

Hey i was in the front row of the student section and i tried to crowd to stand up when we needed a defensive stand

Comment

Working...
                              X