No announcement yet.

Why is Jiake White shooting 3s??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea that the thread's original name was changed is certainly plausible; the extreme reaction early on was way excessive for "Why is Jiake White shooting 3s?" (unless, of course, you consider a goofy, Dofoesque misspelling a huge insult). So I'm willing to believe that whatever was originally posted was worse. But I never saw it, so I don't know; and if it was changed, leaving the "Jiake" in there is pretty Dofoesque in its own right.

Bottom line, though: Jake does lots of things well, so he should stick to them. If at some point he regains his three-point shot, great -- he can always add it back in. But until then, firing threes is not among his positives, so Jake, please stop. Fire away all you want in practice; the more the better. Fire away a few hundred more threes after practice. Call Jackie Stiles -- whatever it takes. But if you're going to shoot them in game action, at least make them respectable, preferably on their way through the basket.
    Last edited by WSUwatcher; February 4, 2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Jake should not be taking 3-pointers. I believe he can be a decent 3-point shooter, but a this point Jake doesn't beleive it. And until Jake is 100% confident that every three he takes is going in he needs to shelve that part of his game. I think most are in agreement with that.

OTOH, does anyone really think that Jake White shooting three 3-point attempts (and missing all 3) over the last 6 games has anything whatsoever to do with our current woes. Now the team going 29-104 on treys over the past 5 games is a problem and Jake's contributions to that are kind of a drop in the bucket. Shooting too many, making too few. We need to shoot fewer treys and make more of them. Easily said. Enough discipline and patience to take only the best looks and the ability, confidence and mental toughness to knock down a good % when those opportunities present themselves.

Ok, men, altogether, let's recite the scorer's prayer:

God grant me the serenity to skip the shots I cannot make, the courage to take and make the shots I can, and the BBIQ to know the difference.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 4, 2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        The idea that the thread's original name was changed is certainly plausible; the extreme reaction early on was way excessive for "Why is Jiake White shooting 3s?" unless you consider a goofy, Dofoesque misspelling a huge insult. So I'm willing to believe that whatever was originally posted was worse. But I never saw it, so I don't know; and if it was changed, leaving the "Jiake" in there is pretty Dofoesque in its own right.

Bottom line, though: Jake does lots of things well, and he should stick to them. If at some point he regains his three-point shot, he can always add it back in. But until then, Jake, please stop. Fire away all you want in practice; the more the better. Fire away a few hundred more threes after practice. Call Jackie Stiles -- whatever it takes. But if you're going to shoot them in game action, at least make them respectable, preferably on their way through the basket.
        The thread title was changed. It was in the vein of "Jake White is horrible" And FYI PlaneShocker is dodo or his brother. Either way they are related and post from the same account.

Take it FWIW. Yes Jake shouldnt shoot 3's but this thread is full on retard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          If it wasn't the thread title then it was the post title. And it did change quickly after about the first 3 or 4 responses. In fact I am surprised there wasn't a probation issued over it.

Of course I could be insane and making this all up for no reason whatsoever -- that's in the realm of possibility.
          Given the OP's history, I'm rather stunned a banning wasn't issued, even if it was just temporarily.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            The thread title was a clear violation of the forum rules, and was despicable. It has been changed to what you see now, so the context was lost.
            Gotcha. That makes much more sense, then. Thanks for the clarification.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Apparently jake is money from anywhere 6 inches inside of three

Comment

Jake was in a solid zone tonight and seemed focused and more confident.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The shots Jake pulled off against Mo State in mop-up time were impressive. The rest of his play was not. (Just look at how many fouls he picked up in the short time he was in).

Cold is winning me over to his side.

Comment

3G may have seen some things of concern because Jake only played 6 minutes which was by far the lowest of a Shocker player in that game.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                      The shots Jake pulled off against Mo State in mop-up time were impressive. The rest of his play was not. (Just look at how many fouls he picked up in the short time he was in).

Cold is winning me over to his side.
                      Please don't peg me for having a "side". I have absolutely nothing against Jake White personally. He is struggling to find his role and I'm happy that he made some baskets while on the floor. His fouls probably had a lot to do with his intensity. No doubt HCGM told Jake that he better show him something when he gets his next chance at playing time. I think Jake gave it his all. I just don't think Jake fits into HCGM's system that well. I think JW would be more productive playing for BJ or NIU.

T

...:cool:

Comment

You say he doesn't fit in well with Marshall's system Cold, but who recruited him?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          You say he doesn't fit in well with Marshall's system Cold, but who recruited him?
                          Gregg Marshall.

HCGM isn't God even though he sometimes seems to perform like one. He has had recruiting misses before and players have had to transfer out because of it. Jake was probably a 2nd option when he was recruited. He certainly doesn't fit the profile of a typical "Marshall playa".

T

Comment

He will be fine - every player does not become a "superstar." He will have a role, and will be a very good player before he leaves here - only a sophomore. If players fulfill their potential before their senior seasons, then they must stop progressing.

Comment

Jake obviously filled a need as a Stretch 4 with upside, when he was recruited and Marshall & Jans:

Chaska's Jake White had about as good of a winter as just about any junior in his class. He produced 21.2 points and 10.4 rebounds a game while leading the Hawks to 17 wins. Jake entered the fall looking at Navy, UTEP, Colorado State, and Wichita State and tonight he made his college decision. Jake will sign with Wichita State. Yesterday White traveled to Wichita for his official visit. There was a feeling yesterday that if everything went will he could commit and tonight at 6:30 that's exactly what he did. "A Shocker that comes as no surprise!," said Jake's father Brian White "It didn't surprise me when Jake decided to give his verbal commitment to Gregg Marshall of Wichita State today while on his official visit. They have been on his trail for a long time, they offered back in August of '09. "Chris Jans and Gregg did a great job recruiting Jake. Ultimately Jake wanted to play for a winner and to win championships. The mix of guys Marshall has recruited will give him the opportunity to do just that." The atmosphere surrounding the Wichita State program definitely sold White both on the floor and off. "It's one of the hardest places to play at in the entire nation," Brian said. "They're a pre-season top 30 team with expectations to win the Missouri Valley Conference and make a deep run in the tourney. Jake was also excited about playing in front of sold out crowds of 10,000 plus, playing at the Intrust Arena a few times a year at 15,000 plus, and flying to away games in a private jet. "They will graduate guys this year at his position that will give him a great opportunity to compete for playing time. Jake truly feels that he found a perfect fit for him and his future." White enters his senior year with 1,274 career points after three years of varsity basketball.
                              In realty Jake should be a red-shirt freshman. I think his confidence will grow along with his game.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                Gregg Marshall.

HCGM isn't God even though he sometimes seems to perform like one. He has had recruiting misses before and players have had to transfer out because of it. Jake was probably a 2nd option when he was recruited. He certainly doesn't fit the profile of a typical "Marshall playa".

T

What is the typical "Marshall playa" pray tell?

Comment

Working...
                                X