Coaches Show (12/17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches Show (12/17)

Carl Hall - 4 to 6 weeks plus will need ability to play through pain.

Orupke still limping around

Wessel conditioning.

This is opportunity for those guys who thought they should be in the rotation. Nobody will be feeling sorry for us. We have more depth to survive this.

Nick is going to be trained to play the 4
    Last edited by SB Shock; December 17, 2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Ron First caller.

He is telling coach the Tennessee game was very physical.

How much value is the Tennessee game for development?

Second question - Fred V. is so smooth, so why does he have so little assists?

Comment

Coach on the Tennesse game.

Early didn't play well
        Orupke just wasn't physically ready
        White played ok

Comment

Need to coach better
          Need to get these guys to know they can win (though he doesn't think for the most part these guys suffer any confidence issues)

Feels really bad for Carl with all the things he's been through and the hard work he put in this summer.

We don't have a low post scorer on the team, therefore this team will have to take a more perimeter type team.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            We don't have a low post scorer on the team, therefore this team will have to take a more perimeter type team.

....GULP...
            "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Fred called in talked to the coach about ankle taping. Coach explained that the players where ankle braces to help prevent ankle injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                ....GULP...
                Coach said he know that is not what the fans want to hear, but it is the truth. Orupke is not a scorer. White can't play with his back to the goal.

Comment

On the Technical

Malcom technical was dumb...just dumb. Tennesse bench was saying "back-off, back-off, he's not a shooter" - so when Malcom finally hit a shot he just had to say something to the bench. Coach warned him before the game to keep his mouth shut.

Carl Hall - called because the ref thought he was taunting after scoring.

Comment

We'll get to see Lufile in some extended action I believe. He's currently shooting 83% from the field, so if that only drops by about 20% he should still be able to score effectively in the post. We'll see.

Comment

Coach - we talked about taking the red shirt off for Derail Green. Coach is against it at this point (and doesn't think it is needed) because he's not strong enough on defense. He would be much better served to redshirt this year.

Comment

What are the chances Wessel will redshirt?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          What are the chances Wessel will redshirt?
                          I'm guessing pretty high at this point.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I talked to Evan at Botanica. I don't think he's made a decision yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come down to a surgery thing. Now, I am not quoting him or anything. Just my impression from the conversation.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                              ....GULP...
                              Double gulp.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X