Great Turg article by Bob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCSCat
    aTm shot poorly on Saturday because the young 'Cats are finally starting to play good defense. Our seats are near the visitor's bench and it was fun watching the Turd freak as he was totally outcoached by HCFM.

Don't kid yourself. Frank Martin couldn't out bench coach my dead grandmother.

MCMW

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      aTm shot poorly on Saturday because the young 'Cats are finally starting to play good defense. Our seats are near the visitor's bench and it was fun watching the Turd freak as he was totally outcoached by HCFM.

Don't kid yourself. Frank Martin couldn't out bench coach my dead grandmother.

MCMW

His coaching this year is basically "Give the ball to Beasley and Walker."
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
        mcmw?
        More Criminals, More Wins.

Comment

The press gave Martin credit for coaching b/c he moved Beasley in and out in the first have after two fouls; in on offense and out on defense.

He also got credit for moving Bill Walker to the permiter since he had 6'9" guys guarding him.

Those do seem like good ideas, but it isn't exactly brain science, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
            The press gave Martin credit for coaching b/c he moved Beasley in and out in the first have after two fouls; in on offense and out on defense.

He also got credit for moving Bill Walker to the permiter since he had 6'9" guys guarding him.

Those do seem like good ideas, but it isn't exactly brain science, is it?

Knowing you need Beasley in the game to score and that Bill Walker isn't a post up player aren't that hard to figure out. But I like Frank Martin, he's a really nice guy. :yes:
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Just curious, how many here actually watched the game? How many have watched the growth of this team that is talented but very, very young and has not had the on court leadership of David Hoskins? There were several times on Saturday that a set play out of a time out was run to perfection - the Walker drive/dunk and the Stewart three to name a couple. That's coaching, not talent.

This team may still have a stinker or two left but over all they will continue to get better.

And MCMW? Beasley and Walker both were over 3.0 GPA last semester. Hardly criminal-like. Fred Brown was suspended in October for not going to class. Yep, HCFM doesn't care if his guys do things the right way.

Comment

Just curious, how many here actually watched the game? How many have watched the growth of this team that is talented but very, very young and has not had the on court leadership of David Hoskins? There were several times on Saturday that a set play out of a time out was run to perfection - the Walker drive/dunk and the Stewart three to name a couple. That's coaching, not talent.

This team may still have a stinker or two left but over all they will continue to get better.

I was at the game. So yes, I did watch it.
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Good for you. Feel free to discuss on your board. Most of us here are, at the most, mildly curious about what is going on in Manhattan. We certainly don't care to debate it on our team's board.

I realize that it was a logical progression that got you to the point of discussing your coach on our board (Turgeon, KSU v aTm, coaching in said game), so I am just politely asking you to take your comments elsewhere.

Comment

Wait a second. Telling your team to get the ball to Walker on the wing and telling him to take it in for a dunk is a set play?

Does Martin have a small box of dirt and a stick handy on the sideline?

Comment

BSCat, why didn't you mention Blake Young while expounding upon the saintly attributes of the team?

Comment

BA2929 appreciate the support. McShocker my apologies. Judging from the high number of SG tags I see in the KSU parking lots there is a high interest in what's happening there but I can understand your thin skin. It's not easy to be a WheatShocker right now and God knows we Purple People understand that.

I hope Marshall stays as he seems to be as good coach.

Comment

You're right ISASO in Blake Young's case. Not paying your parking fines and then ignoring your court appearance is stupid, criminal and a threat to life as we know it. I think I'll go with just plain stupid. Frankly it's so insignificant I forgot about it.

Is the baseball field still named Eck (tax evader, pedophile) Field?

that's MMMW.

Comment

BA2929 appreciate the support. McShocker my apologies. Judging from the high number of SG tags I see in the KSU parking lots there is a high interest in what's happening there but I can understand your thin skin. It's not easy to be a WheatShocker right now and God knows we Purple People understand that.

The SG tags are irrelevant. Of course there are KSU fans from Wichita. This is not a Wichita sports forum, it is a WSU forum. Therefore, the vast majority of users HERE are Shocker fans. BTW, we wouldn't really want to talk Cats BB even if we were undefeated, our current record has nothing to do with that at all.

Comment

And MCMW? Beasley and Walker both were over 3.0 GPA last semester. Hardly criminal-like. Fred Brown was suspended in October for not going to class. Yep, HCFM doesn't care if his guys do things the right way.
                              I don't believe the Walker drive was a set play, I don't care what Martin says.

And yes, I attended the game. The crowd was good, but not as good as Shocker crowds. I've heard many people say that WSU's crowd is older. Outside of the student section, the KSU crowd was just as old. And they whine far, far more than WSU crowds. The KSU crowd didn't whine on the border line calls, they whine on almost all of them.

My 13-year old daughter pro-actively broght it up to me and wondered if the KSU crowd didn't know the rules of basketball very well. She attended the Drake game with me and offered no simlar comment.

Comment

Actually, I wasn't there for support. I was there working. I wouldn't have gone if I wasn't getting paid to be there.
                                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X