2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Fall-Time Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Fall-Time Edition”

Summer is over, Fall has officially begun, and we are now a little more than 40 days before the start of the season. The schedule is pretty much done (waiting on final dates/times), you have had an opportunity to attend a practice, the press/media are putting out news on our non-conference opponents, as well as out conference stablemates. So, looking 6 weeks out, what does your crystal ball say?

13 Non-Conference Games
    18 Conference Games
    1+ Conference Tournament Games
    ?+ Post Season Games
    32+ Total Games
    2024-25 Edition Wins
    Spring-Time 21.1
    Summer-Time 23.2
    Very Low: 18 wins or less
    2.38%
    Low: 19 to 21 wins
    11.90%
    Medium: 22 to 24 wins
    66.67%
    High: 25 to 27 wins
    16.67%
    Very High: 28 wins or more
    2.38%
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; 5 days ago.

I said Low (20 wins) in the "Way-To-Early Springtime Edition" Poll.
    I said Medium (22 wins) in the "Summer-Time Edition" Poll.
    I am still at Medium (22 wins) for the "Fall-Time Edition" Poll.

I was hoping to move beyond 22 wins for this Poll, but I will reserve that option for the next poll, after hearing and seeing what happens at the "Not-So-Secret-Scrimmage" against Oklahoma State on Oct 12th (Sat) and our "Exhibition Game" against Emporia State on Oct 27 (Sun). I feel pretty confident about 22 wins, and can see a path-forward for 24 wins.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        I said Low (20 wins) in the "Way-To-Early Springtime Edition" Poll.
        I said Medium (22 wins) in the "Summer-Time Edition" Poll.
        I am still at Medium (22 wins) for the "Fall-Time Edition" Poll.

I was hoping to move beyond 22 wins for this Poll, but I will reserve that option for the next poll, after hearing and seeing what happens at the "Not-So-Secret-Scrimmage" against Oklahoma State on Oct 12th (Sat) and our "Exhibition Game" against Emporia State on Oct 27 (Sun). I feel pretty confident about 22 wins, and can see a path-forward for 24 wins.
        If Matej Bosnjak is declared ineligible this will have a major impact on expectations. Best case scenario he can play this year with 2 years of eligibility. I suppose worst case is that he is a professional and has no eligibility. I am not totally clear on what are all the issues surrounding Matej's eligibility.

Comment

If he figures out how to make that right foot step gigantic, it could be money. He has a wingspan from Rock to Ridge.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Summer is over, Fall has officially begun, and we are now a little more than 40 days before the start of the season. The schedule is pretty much done (waiting on final dates/times), you have had an opportunity to attend a practice, the press/media are putting out news on our non-conference opponents, as well as out conference stablemates. So, looking 6 weeks out, what does your crystal ball say?

13 Non-Conference Games
            18 Conference Games
            1+ Conference Tournament Games
            ?+ Post Season Games
            32+ Total Games
            2024-25 Edition Wins
            Spring-Time 21.1
            Summer-Time 23.2
            I prefer to keep my crystal balls out of the conversation but I'm thinking 25. Go Shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If Matej Bosnjak is declared ineligible this will have a major impact on expectations. Best case scenario he can play this year with 2 years of eligibility. I suppose worst case is that he is a professional and has no eligibility. I am not totally clear on what are all the issues surrounding Matej's eligibility.
              The whole "professional vs. non-professional" argument is such complete and utter bullshit now. They are all professionals now, just some getting paid well, and some less so.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

The whole "professional vs. non-professional" argument is such complete and utter bullshit now. They are all professionals now, just some getting paid well, and some less so.
                If the NCAA denies Matej's eligibility I hope they play him and take them to court

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

If the NCAA denies Matej's eligibility I hope they play him and take them to court
                  You want our current General Counsel to take someone to court on behalf of athletics?

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHA AHA AHAH AHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ohhoohoho AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA *sniff* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You want our current General Counsel to take someone to court on behalf of athletics?

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHA AHA AHAH AHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ohhoohoho AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA *sniff* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
                    Was hoping for outside counsel

Comment

Who's gonna manage the outside counsel?

Comment

By the way I wasn't taking a dig at you ... I actually like your stance, I'm just super jaded with the current makeup of our General Counsel seriously lacking in athletics/NCAA expertise compared with our in state competitors.

Comment

Quincy Acy is going to be a hell of a coach and I hope he's at Wichita State for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

By the way I wasn't taking a dig at you ... I actually like your stance, I'm just super jaded with the current makeup of our General Counsel seriously lacking in athletics/NCAA expertise compared with our in state competitors.
                            Our in state competitors have a lot more experience dealing with the NCAA for various reasons.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Eldridge- A.J. McGinnis and fiirst day of practice:
                              Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                              X