Nick Wiggins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
    Nick needs to pull his head out, learn to be a team player (not a hot dog) and listen to the coach. Once he does that, he will become an important part of the team.
    Nick is fine, he just needs to realize he doesn't have to carry the team and that defense is more important than offense. He actually does well paying attention to the coaches, especially considering the numerous butt chewings he's received. He'll be fine.

Comment

its only the 2nd game?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Nick is fine, he just needs to realize he doesn't have to carry the team and that defense is more important than offense. He actually does well paying attention to the coaches, especially considering the numerous butt chewings he's received. He'll be fine.
        I think (hope?) you are right but "the proof is in the pudding" and the "pudding" will be the playing time that he earns (or fails to earn).
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

doesnt seem like coach marshall thinks wsu has a shot at bringing his younger brother here if he isnt playing him ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            its only the 2nd game?
            In the same realm of good folks we haven't seen much of lately, welcome back!

Comment

I expect to see a lot more wiggins in the next week. I'll bet coach was focused on very little other than VCU and preparation even during the previous game. He was finding the lineup that could do exactly what we just did and wiggins wasn't in that picture for the short term. He will most certainly be in the picture from now on. I can't wait for tomorrow.

I think the weight is lifted...the nerves were tested and the team won a big game and the coming out party is about to begin.

Comment

I consider it a true bonus and a pleasant surprise if we get production out of a JuCo player in the first half of his first season.

From what I've seen, Wiggins is not only quick, he's sneaky quick. He can create his own shot, and he can score in bunches. I imagine in JuCo he was expected to create something every time he touched the ball. He's going to have to break that habit before he gets a lot of minutes.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Wiggins will control his playing time. He is a talented player but the most talented player doesn't always make the team better and the most talented team doesn't always win.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Wiggins will control his playing time. He is a talented player but the most talented player doesn't always make the team better and the most talented team doesn't always win.
                    I think Nick has the potential to be an outstanding player here and I hope he does. However he will need to satisfy Marshall's requirements and I hope this happens sooner rather than later; one obstacle for any player is mental (i.e. an unwillingness to adapt his game to the coach's game).
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Wiggins is solid and he exhibited a nice shot and scoring touch this summer. Along with Baker, he was lighting it up when I was there. However, I indeed trust 3G's understanding of playing time and match ups. By the time we get to the Valley games, look for Nick to emerge and be in the rotation.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        Wiggins is solid and he exhibited a nice shot and scoring touch this summer. Along with Baker, he was lighting it up when I was there. However, I indeed trust 3G's understanding of playing time and match ups. By the time we get to the Valley games, look for Nick to emerge and be in the rotation.
                        That's what we all want because his potential as a scorer is thru the roof!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          That's what we all want because his potential as a scorer is thru the roof!
                          Count me in on that. Nick can indeed score the rock, slash, with a shooters range. He will get his chance to shine.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I am looking forward to the opportunity to heap praise on Nick. I hope he "gets it" soon because I don't want to lose any games to Creighton (or anyone else. :wink-new: )

Comment

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/09/and...mberwolves-nba

Nick seems to have gotten some media attention following the news of Jimmy Butler’s trade request from Minnesota.

111K likes, 1,533 comments - bleacherreport on September 19, 2018: "@_stak5_ reenacts how Wiggins should’ve responded to brother’s tweet on Butler’s trade rumors (NSFW)"
                              Last edited by SlyShock; September 20, 2018, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X