Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Non-Conference Games

#22 Notre Dame 58 - Evansville 49

Notre Dame held Colt Ryan in check as he lead Evansville with 15 points put it took him 14 shots to get those points.

Evansville shot the ball poorly 19-61 (31.1%) from the field including 5-21 (23.8%) from behind the arc.

Even with the poor shooting Evansville outscored the Irish from the field 43-40 but were outscored 18-6 from the line. Evansville was 6-7 from the line while the Irish shot a not so hot 18-30 from the line. Quite a disparity there. No doubt the Irish's size advantage inside took its toll.

Evansville did only turn the ball over 7 times which is very good.

The Irish had a solid 44-33 rebounding advantage.

Northern Iowa 103 - Wartburg 50

I guess UNI felt like they needed an extra exhibition game as they opened against a D-III opponent.

Bottom line winner in the game is probably Warburg due to buy out I assumed they received.

Drake 96 - William Jewell 66

Drake opens with a win of D-II William Jewell.

Missouri State 89 - Philander Smith 61

The Bears take care of their NAIA opponent.

I guess the MVC established this weekend that they can dominant lower Division schools. At least the conference doesn't take an RPI hit. Consider them another round of Exhibition games.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 10, 2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Bradley 76 - Eastern Illinois 53

The Braves were lead by 6-6 Jr Tyshon Picket a transfer from Dodge City Juco with 23 points and 8 rebounds. Tyshon was 9-12 from the field and 5-7 from the line.

I don't think Bradley is very deep but they should be better than last year.

Bradley and Creighton with the only 2 D-1 wins this weekend pending the Shockers game with NCCU. The conference has 2 D-1 losses both to ranked teams.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Northern Iowa 103 - Wartburg 50

Bottom line winner in the game is probably Warburg due to buy out I assumed they received.
        Buyout? That's funny stuff. I suspect most of the Wartburg team drove themselves to the game over the 17 mile trek from one desolate shithole in mid Iowa to the other.

I heard Wartburg traded the Panthers a case of Compound W for a dozen cheese curd sandwiches and a half tank of gas for making the trip. I could be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Buyout? That's funny stuff. I suspect most of the Wartburg team drove themselves to the game over the 17 mile trek from one desolate shithole in mid Iowa to the other.

I heard Wartburg traded the Panthers a case of Compound W for a dozen cheese curd sandwiches and a half tank of gas for making the trip. I could be mistaken.
          Wartburg is still the winner. :excitement:

Comment

Creighton losing at home to UAB at half. 37-33. UAB shooting 50% and Dougie sat most of the half with 2 fouls
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Add that UNI is having a tough time at home with 0-2 Toledo, leading 41-38 at the half.

Edit: Good thing UNI out scored them by 12 from the line.

Comment

Jays not looking so hot. Shooting is pretty bad. 4-17 from 3. 45-37 15min left UAB leads
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Just like that Josh Jones of CU goes on a 10-0 run. 45-45 14 mins left

Comment

55-55 11 min left

Comment

61-55 BJs 8:34 left. Not much from Dougie. Chatman and Yates will get eaten alive by our guards. Right now Gibbs and Jones are the guards

Comment

Creighton is still the same. Slow and not athletic but lots of shooting. When they drive it just looks slow. No inside game when Echenique leaves the floor as usual. A good defensive team will still be able to give them a run for their money. I haven't watched the whole game but in this second half all I see is in and out passing for threes and jumpers.

Comment

UAB is worn out. Josh Jones with 18 2nd half points. 70-57 with 5min left

Comment

I feel like we were almost constructed to beat this Creighton team.

Comment

73-57 CU with 2min left

Comment

Working...
                              X