2024 AfterShocks and TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Cevin Clark was a great player at Southwestern, and Andrew O’Brien was solid as well. I’m curious to see how that translates into an event like this. Cevin has the oddest shot form that you would ever see, but it works for him.
    Odder than Randal Falker?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Odder than Randal Falker?

The oddest thing seems to be the very wide base he shoots frin as his feet are spread wide apart.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 22, 2024, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The oddest thing seems to be the very wide base he shoots frin as his feet are spread wide apart.
        Yes the wide stance and the fact he has no ups results in a suuuuper quick release. Different for sure.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Yep. Was referencing wide base. I once asked SC coach about that. He said that you certainly wouldn’t ever coach someone to do that, but if it works for him, you don’t try to fix what isn’t broken.

78-65

Comment

Far from the oddest form I've ever seen, even from a guard. But definitely unique.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Form was perhaps not the correct word. But that wide base always made him seem like he was off balance when he was shooting, especially in catch and shoot in transition.

But again, with over 2,000 career points at SC (in only three years, I believe), he sure as hell doesn't need my input.
              78-65

Comment

TEAM WINS LOSSES
                AfterShocks (Wichita State Alumni) 11 4
                Florida TNT 9 4
                Team Colorado (Colorado Alumni) 8 6
                Purple Reign (Kansas State Alumni) 5 7
                Ram Up (Colorado State Alumni) 0 2
                Midtown Prestige 0 0
                LA Cheaters (Drew League) 5 4
                Mass Street (Kansas Alumni) 2 1
                TEAM OVERVIEWS

The AfterShocks are back and ready to put last year’s quarterfinals loss to bed. This group of Wichita State alum along with their raucous crowd have become a staple of TBT each summer. Last season, they broke the all-time TBT record with an attendance of 7,202 for their matchup with Heartfire.

Florida TNT, after merging with Challenge ALS last year, Terry Hughes and Co. will be back under the Florida TNT banner. These guys are one of the most experienced in all of TBT.

Team Colorado, and boys from Boulder look to improve upon last year’s first round exit. With the core returning, look for Team Colorado to make some noise in the Wichita Regional.

Purple Reign (formerly Purple & Black) returns to TBT once again and this year they are all in. Jacob Pullen spearheads their backcourt . With a new and improved roster in place, the sky’s the limit for these Wildcats as they chase their first TBT Championship.

Ram Up returns to Wichita this summer with one goal in mind: survive and advance. After back to back first round exits, GM/Head Coach, Derrick Stevens, will have these former Rams playing hard.

Midtown Prestige, a team based out of Wichita. will make their first appearance this summer.

L.A. Cheaters will represent the Drew League once again in TBT. The Cheaters have gained the reputation as one of the toughest teams throughout the years and with the NBA experience on their squad, it is easy to see why. This summer they will be led by Casper Ware Jr. and former NBA veteran Chris Copeland, as they look to do what they have never done; win the whole thing.

Mass Street (Kansas Alumni) Mass Street returns to TBT for the second consecutive year with the hopes of taking over the Wichita Region. After a stellar debut last summer, these former Jayhawks loaded up this offseason with the likes of Frank Mason and Thomas Robinson joining the squad. With a year of experience under their belt and some notable additions, this could be the year Mass Street tops both Purple Reign (Kansas State) and the Aftershocks (Wichita State) in route to their first ever TBT Championship.
                Last edited by WuShock Reaper; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  TEAM WINS LOSSES
                  AfterShocks (Wichita State alumni) 11 4
                  Florida TNT 9 4
                  Team Colorado (Colorado Alumni) 8 6
                  Purple Reign (Kansas State Alumni) 5 7
                  Ram Up (Colorado State Alumni) 0 2
                  Midtown Prestige 0 0
                  ? TBD
                  ?? TBD

TEAM OVERVIEWS

The AfterShocks are back and ready to put last year’s quarterfinals loss to bed. This group of Wichita State alum along with their raucous crowd have become a staple of TBT each summer. Last season, they broke the all-time TBT record with an attendance of 7,202 for their matchup with Heartfire.

Florida TNT, after merging with Challenge ALS last year, Terry Hughes and Co. will be back under the Florida TNT banner. These guys are one of the most experienced in all of TBT.

Team Colorado, and boys from Boulder look to improve upon last year’s first round exit. With the core returning, look for Team Colorado to make some noise in the Wichita Regional.

Purple Reign (formerly Purple & Black) returns to TBT once again and this year they are all in. Jacob Pullen spearheads their backcourt . With a new and improved roster in place, the sky’s the limit for these Wildcats as they chase their first TBT Championship.

Ram Up returns to Wichita this summer with one goal in mind: survive and advance. After back to back first round exits, GM/Head Coach, Derrick Stevens, will have these former Rams playing hard.

Midtown Prestige, a team based out of Wichita. will make their first appearance this summer.

Anyone see a roster for Midtown Prestige?

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

There's a link to it in post #11
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

Discussed on previous page.

78-65

Comment

Prestige Worldwide
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm a little surprised that we don't have an entry from a Beaker squad yet. Not that I yearn to see those jackwagons, but it would certainly bring in some more money to the coffers.
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Prestige Worldwide
                            Worldwide

Comment

Gotta be honest, as I was scrolling through the roster, and it got deeper, I was a little scared I might see that I was listed.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Gotta be honest, as I was scrolling through the roster, and it got deeper, I was a little scared I might see that I was listed.
                                This hit a little too hard lol
                                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X