* a fresh start next year.

:)

Re: ok...a third of the way in...

Originally posted by molly jabali
    ...i'm going to predict:
    *4-14 conference record
    * a fresh start next year.

:)
    molly, molly, molly, you just now realized we suck?

Comment

i am a glass 3/4 full person....only this time, it's full of crud! :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali
        i am a glass 3/4 full person....only this time, it's full of crud! :roll:
        Given that the earlier season predictions were based on the ideas that we'd have Matt and that Arbry Butler would at least contribute, I think we can be forgiven for being optimistic.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

I just hope we can pull it together to play in St L and make a run there

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
            Has a Thursday team (or Friday team when the championship was on Monday) ever won the tourney?
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
              Has a Thursday team (or Friday team when the championship was on Monday) ever won the tourney?
              nope but there a first time for everything right :clap:
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

this team is too short-staffed to handle the 4 games in a row through the valleys best.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                  Has a Thursday team even made it to the championship game?

Comment

Now that i think of it, has a thursday team ever won on friday
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I think Bradley did it once. If Marshall could take this team, in their current state, and win the post-season tournament he should be given a lifetime contract on the spot.

Comment

Even with a full up team, it is unlikely a play-in team will ever win the post season tournament.

After three, consecutive days of play, the players' legs will be rubber.

Comment

I would be great if the team could pull it together enough to maybe win a couple of games in St. Louis.

However, right now I am not sure winning the MVC Tournament this year would be the best thing for our program. Assuming, we continue to struggle in the regular season, which I think is probable (for one thing I am assuming Matt is done with his playing career) we will finish the season well below 0.500.

Say we get hot and catch some breaks and win the Tournament. We get to the dance as what, a 14 seed? Maybe a 15 or even a 16.

How would we fare. Not sure getting pounded by 30 or 40 in Round 1, which would be a definite possibility, would do much for us in the eyes of recruits. I just as soon take my medicine this year and get it over with sooner than later and move on to bigger and better things beginning next year.

As far as the rest of this year goes, I am most interested in seeing some steady imrpovement from those players who may be returning next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            I would be great if the team could pull it together enough to maybe win a couple of games in St. Louis.

However, right now I am not sure winning the MVC Tournament this year would be the best thing for our program. Assuming, we continue to struggle in the regular season, which I think is probable (for one thing I am assuming Matt is done with his playing career) we will finish the season well below 0.500.

Say we get hot and catch some breaks and win the Tournament. We get to the dance as what, a 14 seed? Maybe a 15 or even a 16.

How would we fare. Not sure getting pounded by 30 or 40 in Round 1, which would be a definite possibility, would do much for us in the eyes of recruits. I just as soon take my medicine this year and get it over with sooner than later and move on to bigger and better things beginning next year.

As far as the rest of this year goes, I am most interested in seeing some steady imrpovement from those players who may be returning next year.
                            making the tourney is a huge thing, I hope you realize this. Regardless of how this team is playing, if they somehow could get in the BIG DANCE, that is an accomplishment, better then last year correct?? So I think you are wrong in thinking that its a waste to keep playing in postseason play. I agree this team is hard to stomach, but if they would make the BIG DANCE, I think that is a good thing.
                            ________
                            Ford Th!Nk Picture
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Many of you think I always wear the yellow glasses, and that's fine but there is still a chance for a better than expected finish to the year.

The first part of the Valley has been brutal. We have yet to play Evansville, Indiana State or UNI and we have Bradley at home.

That's 7 VERY winnable games just there. Add in MSU and SIU at home. Now I am in no way saying we can just pick up and run the table but there are some chances for a few wins and all you have to do is look at Drake and see what a little confidence does for you.

You know 7-11 might keep us out of the play-in round. 8-10 certainly would accomplish that.

I'm not sayin'..I'm just sayin'......... ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X