ok...a third of the way in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    I'm not sayin'..I'm just sayin'......... ;-)
    :good:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Many of you think I always wear the yellow glasses, and that's fine but there is still a chance for a better than expected finish to the year.

The first part of the Valley has been brutal. We have yet to play Evansville, Indiana State or UNI and we have Bradley at home.

That's 7 VERY winnable games just there. Add in MSU and SIU at home. Now I am in no way saying we can just pick up and run the table but there are some chances for a few wins and all you have to do is look at Drake and see what a little confidence does for you.

You know 7-11 might keep us out of the play-in round. 8-10 certainly would accomplish that.

I'm not sayin'..I'm just sayin'......... ;-)
      If Bradley has Ruffin back for the WSU game that may make that a very difficult game.

Not sure we match up well with MSU and they were down a couple of players in Springfield.

Indiana State and UNI are winnable and losable (especially the road games)

Evansville does offer some comfort.

Yep, there are 7 winnable games in there, but we will have to play consistently well to make it happen. That would be a positive change in and of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
        Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        I would be great if the team could pull it together enough to maybe win a couple of games in St. Louis.

However, right now I am not sure winning the MVC Tournament this year would be the best thing for our program. Assuming, we continue to struggle in the regular season, which I think is probable (for one thing I am assuming Matt is done with his playing career) we will finish the season well below 0.500.

Say we get hot and catch some breaks and win the Tournament. We get to the dance as what, a 14 seed? Maybe a 15 or even a 16.

How would we fare. Not sure getting pounded by 30 or 40 in Round 1, which would be a definite possibility, would do much for us in the eyes of recruits. I just as soon take my medicine this year and get it over with sooner than later and move on to bigger and better things beginning next year.

As far as the rest of this year goes, I am most interested in seeing some steady imrpovement from those players who may be returning next year.
        making the tourney is a huge thing, I hope you realize this. Regardless of how this team is playing, if they somehow could get in the BIG DANCE, that is an accomplishment, better then last year correct?? So I think you are wrong in thinking that its a waste to keep playing in postseason play. I agree this team is hard to stomach, but if they would make the BIG DANCE, I think that is a good thing.
        You're probably right. But just making the dance to me is not as important as to how your perform in the dance that counts. If we get in, and have a poor game against a good team, I'm not sure I see the positives other than maybe a monetary one.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock
          Originally posted by molly jabali
          i am a glass 3/4 full person....only this time, it's full of crud! :roll:
          Given that the earlier season predictions were based on the ideas that we'd have Matt and that Arbry Butler would at least contribute, I think we can be forgiven for being optimistic.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:
          Don't forget that Griskenas would be our second leading scorer, Brett Burley would see significant minutes and Clemente being a statistical upgrade over Ryan Martin (completing the loop). :goshocks:
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            But just making the dance to me is not as important as to how your perform in the dance that counts.
            You have to get "there" before you have a chance to "perform". If the Shox did get in then that would mean they are on a roll. I'll take getting the experience versus the risk of being "owned" any day.

Winning is about attitude, the program needs to start getting that building "attitude".

Comment

So one of the best things about college basketball is they show awesome games on Espn Classic.

So im watching Marquette vs Louisville from 2003 and listening to Dickie V go on and on about whatever.

So anyways they are talking about some of the teams in nation that only have 2 losses and so forth. And immediately after they mention Creighton they bring up http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=230462724. Now that was pretty cool I thought but was even cooler is after they mention this they say "Karon Bradley checking in.

So yeah take it for what its worth.

ps Dwayne Wade was still getting all the calls

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                So one of the best things about college basketball is they show awesome games on Espn Classic.

So im watching Marquette vs Louisville from 2003 and listening to Dickie V go on and on about whatever.

So anyways they are talking about some of the teams in nation that only have 2 losses and so forth. And immediately after they mention Creighton they bring up http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=230462724. Now that was pretty cool I thought but was even cooler is after they mention this they say "Karon Bradley checking in.

So yeah take it for what its worth.

ps Dwayne Wade was still getting all the calls
                I remember that game.

I also remember the Southern Illinois game, it was either that year or the next, where we were down by 20 or so in the first half, but made a comeback at the end of the first half and start of the second half. We didn't end up winning the game, but definitely one of the most fun Shocker games I've been to.

Comment

Working...
                X