Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Does Germany not count because he was "only" 6'11?
    To be fair I thought Germany usually did just fine when he played. He just never played. I think Zapala on paper could be a solid backup center. If the coaches see something in him, I'm willing to trust there might be something there. I haven't watched him at all or haver any idea why he rarely saw the floor early on in his career. I'm definitely more excited about Washington on paper, but I haven't watched him either.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Wait a second. April 31st?

I doubt that was a typo, so probably just a troll.
      Knuckle = 31 groove = 30, except Feb. 28
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
        Alright so… let’s say these targets commit. Are we looking like a tourney team on paper? What’s the realistic achievement for this group?
        I think if Washington commits and we get a solid backup for Ballard we're improved over last year for sure. I'm not thinking tourney team just yet. That's a big leap, but I think 20-23 wins and top 6 AAC team is reasonable. I'd love to see them really explode with an amazing year, but I think steady improvement should be the primary goal. It's a bummer we didn't get McBride, but I really like McGinnis and Hill and the new freshman. I was kinda hoping they'd get a big bully center to compliment Ballard to give a totally different look, but maybe there aren't any out there or that's not Mills preference.

Comment

Alright so… let’s say these targets commit. Are we looking like a tourney team on paper? What’s the realistic achievement for this group?
          I think, if others from last year improve or continue to.....I don't see why that wouldn't be a goal. Achievable depends on how the roster gels and works together.

The issue is. All of the other teams in the AAC (and all of NCAA) are going to look vastly different also. So its gonna be hard knowing what you have and can count on at the beginning of each year for just about everyone
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I think, if others from last year improve or continue to.....I don't see why that wouldn't be a goal. Achievable depends on how the roster gels and works together.

The issue is. All of the other teams in the AAC (and all of NCAA) are going to look vastly different also. So its gonna be hard knowing what you have and can count on at the beginning of each year for just about everyone
            That's a fact Jack. If this team passes and moves well along with playing tough defense, they will be better. If it's iso, drive to the hole or rush your shot, we will not improve regardless of defensive effort.

Comment

I think NIT would be a realistic goal. Hill + the 2 people mentioned visiting really don't help us from 3 much. So unless we have multiple people improve on their current 3 pt% we will be the same or worse at 3s next year. That could be severely limiting in finding room to operate if teams know they can sag off. I think most other skills sets would be improved, but that might be the difference between a possible NIT team and a possible NCAA team IMO

Comment

• An NIT team would be................22 wins and a top three finish?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  An NIT team would be................22 wins and a top three finish?
                  With the new NIT rules... I'm not for sure what it will take to get there TBH lol

Comment

• Are we done with transfers out? I know the four Bs are probably locked in as well as DeGray but seems like the other two may struggle for playing time.

The four B’s being Bell, Beverly, Ballard and Bijan.

May 1st date is vaporware

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Are we done with transfers out? I know the four Bs are probably locked in as well as DeGray but seems like the other two may struggle for playing time.

The four B’s being Bell, Beverly, Ballard and Bijan.

May 1st date is vaporware
                      I could see Bijan or Joy leaving after the Hill signing.

Comment

I could see Bijan or Joy leaving after the Hill signing.
                        Have no facts to back this up, but I feel Pipkin may be ahead of Joy as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Have no facts to back this up, but I feel Pipkin may be ahead of Joy as well.
                          Ahead of him for leaving? or on the depth chart? Depth chart wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Comment

Ahead of him for leaving? or on the depth chart? Depth chart wouldn't surprise me one bit.
                            Depth chart!!!!! Want to give him (Pipkin) every opportunity possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCount View Post

More visits on the way.
                              Non eagle article:
                              Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• The fact that Joy and Mamba are still here says a lot about Mills' loyalty to players he recruits. It seems that in years past players in their situations were in the portal, and I don't think that was their decision.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X