Today's radio tidbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's radio tidbits

I am curious if anyone listened to the triumverate of shows today.

I caught none of the game plan (at least none of it when they weren't talking about the Giant - Cowboy game.

Chris Allison did say to expect a big announcement tomorrow, but I am fairly certain it has to do with programming of some sort.

Bruce started off Sports Daily with this little gem, and I paraphrase here. What if, let's just say a worst case scenario, Dave Odom is having a bad year at South Carolina and it just isn't going to get better. And Greg and Lynn, you know I think they are enjoying Wichita.....

Now why do you have to go there Bruce?

I'm just saying, Bob, what if? I mean I know he isn't going to leave after a year......but what if.....

I didn't hear much beyond that.

Coaches show tonight. Not much to report. Most callers very complimentary, supportive and thankful. Dennis of course led off.....don't make me repeat it.

Coach said Marty Gross went down to see Toure play. He reported back that we are soooooo lucky to have signed him early because there is no way we could get him now. There are 4 D1 players on his team and he is BY FAR the best player on the team.

Garrett had 2 games last week with 26+ points and 16 + boards.

Kyles is playing some point at Kimball.

Clevin hasn't lost and is still shooting the ball at a high %.

Oh, yea, almost forgot. Ehimen will be here this week.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Re: Today's radio tidbits

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    I am curious if anyone listened to the triumverate of shows today.

I caught none of the game plan (at least none of it when they weren't talking about the Giant - Cowboy game.

Chris Allison did say to expect a big announcement tomorrow, but I am fairly certain it has to do with programming of some sort.

Bruce started off Sports Daily with this little gem, and I paraphrase here. What if, let's just say a worst case scenario, Dave Odom is having a bad year at South Carolina and it just isn't going to get better. And Greg and Lynn, you know I think they are enjoying Wichita.....

Now why do you have to go there Bruce?

I'm just saying, Bob, what if? I mean I know he isn't going to leave after a year......but what if.....

I didn't hear much beyond that.

Coaches show tonight. Not much to report. Most callers very complimentary, supportive and thankful. Dennis of course led off.....don't make me repeat it.

Coach said Marty Gross went down to see Toure play. He reported back that we are soooooo lucky to have signed him early because there is no way we could get him now. There are 4 D1 players on his team and he is BY FAR the best player on the team.

Garrett had 2 games last week with 26+ points and 16 + boards.

Kyles is playing some point at Kimball.

Clevin hasn't lost and is still shooting the ball at a high %.

I didn't catch but bits and pieces of the coaches show tonight. Coach did sound more upbeat and really seemed to appreciate the callers who were really showing their support by telling him they were behind him. Was glad to hear that. To coach we are still strangers as a fanbase and now is the time we can really show how passionate and loyal we are as fans. It can only help in times like these. I am sure a passionate coach enjoys passionate fans a lot!

As far as Ehimen, which show was that reported on or is that your own little tidbit? Or are you just tryin to start something? LOL

Oh and about Dennis. What a putz...I mean telling coach to settle down and take prozac if needed? LOL Man why do they have to lead off with him so much...I mean really.....
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Boooooo.

:wacko:

Comment

Am I not allowed any fun anymore Royal???!!!!!

I mean come on.....no one is even talking about the coaches show.

I have to make people pay for their apathy.

Comment

Doc, you pulled my chain (which is not so hard to do) on EO. Before we get a rap on this years recruiting class, it could very well be our very best for a very long, long time.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Please, PLEASE someone shoot Dennis.

Comment

Am I not allowed any fun anymore Royal???!!!!!

I mean come on.....no one is even talking about the coaches show.

I have to make people pay for their apathy.

I'm just having some fun of my own! :)

Comment

You forgot to mention that coach again said that there may be one or two recuits signed in the spring signing period.

Why do they keep letting Dennis get on the air? Can't they have a 10 strikes your out rule or something?

Comment

Dennis, your up next. "Hello Coach, Mike, yeah, first of all I really enjoyed the game the other night, thought the kids showed a lot of heart. My question, well, really two questions, the referees in that game seemed to be out of position to make a lot of calls, what I really want to know is if the stripes on their uniforms are black on white or white on black. Secondly, A-man o rupt kay or however you say it, any news on when he shows up and I want I really want to know is if he is attended any junior college type classes as he waits or if he seen any good movies lately. I'll hang up and listen off the air."

Comment

Surprised no one has commented on this yet.

Maybe this is what happens when you have to say something for two hours every day.

Comment

Is he trying to imply that HCGM would, in any way, be in line for the south Carolina job? Though HCGM may like that part of the country, how would he even be considered for the job. I think WSU is in great shape for the future with HCGM leading the charge, but from SC's point of view, you are considering a head coach that has not proven anything beyond the low major level? Now, in 3-5 years, if things play out like we all hope, we might be concerned, but we are not there yet.

Comment

I'll comment on it... it isn't going to happen. Coach has more class than that. I know, I know--coaches change jobs all the time, but not after one mediocre or sub-mediocre season. Ain't happenin'.

Besides, I think he's way too enthused about his next recruiting class (next year's) and I don't think he'd leave on them. He's anxious to work with them...

Comment

LOL ... Heard Dennis for the first time the other day, and he get the:

"How to use 400 words when 20 is plenty" Award .... :good:

Comment

I haven't really heard much on Toure, what kind of player is he? It sounds like he is a good signing...

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
                              I haven't really heard much on Toure, what kind of player is he? It sounds like he is a good signing...
                              From what I've gathered he's primarily a shooter. He grew 4 inches since last season, so he probably also has excellent ball-handling skills. Since he is also described as the best player on a team with four D1 signees, I'd bet he has some athletic ability to go with his skills.

HCGM's words on the coach's show last night were "he's a Big-12 talent".

Comment

Working...
                              X