Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Away.
    Most players leave for one of two reasons: playing time or a better team.

So, the ones not playing or very little leave for that "playing time", but that doesn't solve our problem. Most of those would/should be not as good as our starters or regular rotation.

The players getting good playing time, usually leave for a better team and where they can continue getting their minutes. I see problems with better teams picking up our regulars to "improve" their starting line-up. After all, those teams would have to be betting it was not the players fault for the results (it's a gamble).

I am very hopeful and excited for our two commits. Hope we don't lose them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

And they are going to go where??
      Scholarships are renewed on an annual basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

"You have to go home but you can't stay here"

Comment

And you won't see that if the players are doing what the coaches ask of them. So far, that appears to be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

MVJ is bullshittin'. Either that or he's starting to drink the BJ-flavored Kool-Aid.

If BJ backups are getting $150k per, then high-major/BCS/Power conference teams are paying their bball backups $500k and $1M for stars. Figuring 3 "stars" per team, that would be an $8M NIL bball budget lol. And we haven't even started with football. Even more amusing would be imagining BJ having a $1.95M NIL bball budget (that's before paying any other players/sports). In their Fox Sports 1 dreams.

Right on! MVJ got that info from the bull rather than the horses mouth and now he’s spreading that BS over here to the gullible.
            Not any different than dumpster diving Nostradamus pretending he has “inside” info.
            Not surprising.

Comment

True but look at a situation like coach prime. Brought in 80+ players most of which are Walmart luggage. They're going to have difficulty transferring a second time. To a lesser degree we'd be facing the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

True but look at a situation like coach prime. Brought in 80+ players most of which are Walmart luggage. They're going to have difficulty transferring a second time. To a lesser degree we'd be facing the same.
                It doesn't matter whether they have a place to transfer. They're welcome to remain at the school but they won't have a sports scholarship.

Comment

• Fact is we have MVC-level players and that’s not going to cut it. HCPM needs a full recruiting cycle before I start getting overly critical. If we are having this type of season two years from now, it’s time to start thinking change.

Comment

• Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. You can’t make a rock bleed. However you want to say it have a little patience. You can’t fix this mess in one year no matter how you spin it. Mills needs his dudes. He will run his stuff so when he gets his dudes it will work. I didn’t ever have this feeling with IB. Did with Turg and 3G. Trust the process

Comment

• Originally posted by bleednblackngold View Post
                      Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. You can’t make a rock bleed. However you want to say it have a little patience. You can’t fix this mess in one year no matter how you spin it. Mills needs his dudes. He will run his stuff so when he gets his dudes it will work. I didn’t ever have this feeling with IB. Did with Turg and 3G. Trust the process
                      7 of the 12 scholarship players are "his dudes" he recruited this year. So he needs a different set of "his dudes" ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

7 of the 12 scholarship players are "his dudes" he recruited this year. So he needs a different set of "his dudes" ?
                        What were his options of players after March?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yeah I never understand everyone saying he is doing this with all IB players. They aren't.

Now, you can maybe say he was behind recruiting once he got to WSU and he did the best he could. None of us can really know for sure. Especially since assistants recruit also and he didn't get those fully in place for a bit.

Hopefully he is learning what he needs to win at WSU and a full recruiting cycle will help. That's the only hope I have this will be fixed. I still think it will. Time will tell
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yeah I never understand everyone saying he is doing this with all IB players. They aren't.

Now, you can maybe say he was behind recruiting once he got to WSU and he did the best he could. None of us can really know for sure. Especially since assistants recruit also and he didn't get those fully in place for a bit.

Hopefully he is learning what he needs to win at WSU and a full recruiting cycle will help. That's the only hope I have this will be fixed. I still think it will. Time will tell
                            Yea, it was a complete recruiting miss. This is his team.. And most will be back unless he tells some to leave. He doesn't have 3-5 years to show improvement. There are really no signs right now we are getting better unless you are just putting your head in the sand. By nearly every available metric this is the worst WSU has been in a long time

Comment

• Maybe Mills just still doesn't want anyone to have tape on his stuff so he's holding it all back until the conference tourney

Comment

• Mills isn’t even fighting being fired imo, he’s fighting complete fan apathy which will be impossible to recover from
                                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X