Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt B Tells Fans to Shut Up (My Paraphrase)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt B Tells Fans to Shut Up (My Paraphrase)

For every one of you who have been yelling at Gal to "hurry up" - just shows how stupid you are. Let the professionals do their job and just be a good fan. Your not that smart or you would be down somewhere coaching a Div I program. Coach Marshall doesn't need your help.

take time -- Braeuer notices fans get a little nervous as the WSU point guard brings the ball up court after baskets. The Shockers often do not cross halfcourt until the 35-second shot clock hits 27 or 28.

The pace sets up the timing of the offense. While the point guard dribbles up court, four Shockers are positioning themselves. The play is disrupted if the point guard starts his move into the frontcourt too soon.

"We just have to make sure everybody is set," Braeuer said.

Paraphrasing "We just have to make sure everyone is set" into "Matt B tells fans to shut up" shows just how stupid you can be. :roll:
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I was one of those fans a few games ago yelling at him to get going. But then Marshall explained that it is designed that way after the opponent makes a basket in order to set up the offense. I no longer yell at Mekel, he's doing what coach wants him to do.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Fans don't often know exactly what the players are trying to accomplish. There are certain things to yell about like rebounds or bad passes but fans don't know what is going on.

Comment

I don't have a problem with people making noise to let the ball handler know that time is running low on the 10 sec clock. What if Gal, or the PG at the time, is busy reading the def and loses track of time, then hears the crowd making noise and checks the shot clock and realizes he's running low on time? Just because people are yelling "hurry up" doesn't mean they're stupid and need to shut up. - Nobody seems to care that the crowd chants down from 10 on the shot clock. Is the crowd stupid for doing that too? What if that's part of the offense as well?
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
            I was one of those fans a few games ago yelling at him to get going. But then Marshall explained that it is designed that way after the opponent makes a basket in order to set up the offense. I no longer yell at Mekel, he's doing what coach wants him to do.
            I was like you also until I heard the same explanation. But, evidently not everybody has heard yet. Maybe this story will quiet them down a little.

Comment

thread flopped

Comment

I don't care if he walks it up for the first 19 minutes and 50 seconds, but when we're down three and every seconds counts, you CAN NOT walk the ball up with 10 seconds left. Heck, we might have gotten two shots off if we had the extra 2 seconds or so, you never know...

Comment

no, but if the coach wants him to walk it up with 10 seconds left, and WSU down by 2, that is coaches decision, and he'll have to take the blame for it. Gal does what coach says, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                    Paraphrasing "We just have to make sure everyone is set" into "Matt B tells fans to shut up" shows just how stupid you can be. :roll:
                    you responding to this post this way just shows how prideful and blind you can be.
                    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                      you responding to this post this way just shows how prideful and blind you can be.
                      :roll:
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                        :roll:
                        Couldn't have "emoticoned" it better.
                        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Matt can't very well say that some WSU fans are idiots. I'll quote the relevant portion of the article.

Take time -- Braeuer notices fans get a little nervous as the WSU point guard brings the ball up court after baskets. The Shockers often do not cross halfcourt until the 35-second shot clock hits 27 or 28.

The pace sets up the timing of the offense. While the point guard dribbles up court, four Shockers are positioning themselves. The play is disrupted if the point guard starts his move into the frontcourt too soon.

"We just have to make sure everybody is set," Braeuer said.

Why would Matt comment on this issue? (Hint: Matt attends the games and hears the fans' comments. He isn't saying this because he thinks the fans are right.) There may be a flaw in the "end of game" offense but this is Marshall's fault, not Matt's or Gal's or Bret's or any other player's fault. I think Marshall designed an offense that the current group of players can handle. I think there will be a slightly different offense next year if we have some more talented players.
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                            no, but if the coach wants him to walk it up with 10 seconds left, and WSU down by 2, that is coaches decision, and he'll have to take the blame for it. Gal does what coach says, simple as that.
                            Come on now... You could ask 1,000 coaches about that situation and I'm pretty sure none of them would be okay with walking the ball up the court...

Comment

If the shot clock hits 27 or 28 seconds, something is wrong with my players, because it should not take that long to 'get set', and anyone that thinks so, I got a path for you, it's called the 'primrose garden' path.

Sure the offense has to get set, and you have to execute properly, but when the whole game is on the line with little time left, you have to make sure your execution has time to insure winning the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X