No announcement yet.

why we hate creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, what conservative things has the Mayor and/or City Council done in Wichita that cause frustration?

Comment

Originally posted by Calshockfan
      This discussion of which is the better city ia laughable. I have lived in a variety of different cities in my lifetime including (in California) Yuba City pop around 10,000 at the time, San Jose, Sacramento, Santa Rosa and Los Angeles as well as Wichita. I currently live in Bakersfield, California which is similiar in size to Wichita and is among the most affordable cities in California. I can honestly say that I found things to like and dislike about all of them. The bottom line is that each of them is as good or bad as you want to make them.
      Agree -good and bad everywhere.

Comment

Omaha and Wichita

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but . . . . . there was a poll that appeared in the Wichita Eagle sometime during 2007 for which Missouri Valley Conference media members (radio, TV, newspapers) were asked to return an informal and anonymous survey of home courts and cities around the conference. Respondents who cover one school exclusively were asked not to vote for that school. One question asked the media members to recommend one MVC city for fans to visit. Omaha was the overwhelming choice with Wichita a distant second. One newspaper beat writer wrote: "Omaha is far and away my favorite destination in the Valley. It is a cosmopolitan city with plenty of restaurants, shopping and night life."

I found some 2006 population estimates at a website about Metropolitan Statistical Areas. According to that site, the city of Omaha has a population of 427,872 and the city of Wichita has a population of 357,698. The Omaha metropolitan area has a population of 822,549 and the Wichita metropolitan area has a population of 592,698.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
          Just curious, what conservative things has the Mayor and/or City Council done in Wichita that cause frustration?
          Having to end up subsidizing all their projects down the road. Waterwalk was suppose to 3 blocks long with a canal, restaurants, shops, outdoor theatre, similiar to what San Antonio has, and now it is an office building with a couple of fountains out front.

The arena started out about 18,000 seats, and ended up 15,000 with no parking garages like it was advertised to have. Except the Minnesota guys are not dumb, and they are going to have a parking garage and make a killing off of it, besides buying up all the downtown buildings.

The City council brings consultants in on every little thing, pays exoribant fees for them, and then do not follow the suggestions they make. They paid $180,000 to get Visioning Wichita for next 20 years, and are not following the plan. If department heads here are not experts in their field, then why are they department heads?

They also support every little museum that comes across their desk except the ones that really pull in the people, i.e., Museum of World Treasures.

We ended up with Gander Mountain instead of the real deal.

Kellogg out east was to be done in November 2007, now it is 2009.

I am not just spewing off the top of my head, I have been on a city council before.

I could go on and on, but there probably is a 1500 character limit.

Comment

Working...
          X