Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmm
    replied
    Whatever our uniforms are... I just hope they're not two sizes too big. They seem to just hang on the players.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Stalwart
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    I heard there would be 1 pink for BCA. Pink and black for all you old schoolers out there.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    I haven't heard anything, but there was some discussion here.

Leave a comment:

• Ixiah
    replied
    Uniforms

Curious - has anyone heard if WSU is going to stick with gray or return to the black uniforms?

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    Chadrack in Black.... FVV in Black.... Carl Hall in Black.... EO in Black... Malcolm in Black... you get my drift...
    Yes. Men in Black. Maybe we should have some business cards made up for the players.

Ehimen Orupke
    ........MIB........

Leave a comment:

• Rocky Mountain Shock
    replied
    Never liked the gold. Not as obnoxious as the glow-in-the-dark-highlighter of Baylor, but it's in that direction. I REALLY miss the black. We could trade gold to bring back black and I'd be a happy camper.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    I agree that the black needs to be back. I also agree with those that are ok with the grays for home use. In fact, every time I did see gray uniforms last year, it was the home teams wearing them. Having them as a road uni is just not doing it for anybody.

That was easily Marshall's biggest miscue last year.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Not that what I, or we, think will have any impact, but I'm another who loves the black road look, although I'm not a fan of the black socks that sometimes come along for the ride these days.

Men in shorts just look silly in dark socks. (Except possibly in Bermuda -- my wife and I were there 7-8 years ago, and they really do wear the shorts as part of a business suit, along with dark knee socks and dress shoes. Weird -- I'm still not quite sure what to make of it.)
    Man, you're old.

Leave a comment:

• jocoshock
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    My only beef was not having a black option, just in case we felt the need to show some worthless program we were badass.
    +1 - How can we be the Oakland Raiders of college basketball without Black...:pirate:

Black is what gives the Shockers their mojo... don't mess with it...

Chadrack in Black.... FVV in Black.... Carl Hall in Black.... EO in Black... Malcolm in Black... you get my drift...

Leave a comment:

• jocoshock
    replied

Black, Grey, White...

Never have liked the Gold, and never will.....

Leave a comment:

• WSUwatcher
    replied
    Not that what I, or we, think will have any impact, but I'm another who loves the black road look, although I'm not a fan of the black socks that sometimes come along for the ride these days.

Men in shorts just look silly in dark socks. (Except possibly in Bermuda -- my wife and I were there 7-8 years ago, and they really do wear the shorts as part of a business suit, along with dark knee socks and dress shoes. Weird -- I'm still not quite sure what to make of it.)

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    I don't care for the grey as a road uni. Bring back the black for the road. Using the grey unis at home is fine although I prefer the classic white at home. The yellow uni and grey uni are OK for the occasional change of pace. I think the yellow can work either at home or on the road. But if the guys like the grey uniforms than I can live with them.

If I was an opposing coach I might complain about WSU wearing the greys on the road on the basis of not enough contrast between my home whites (and yes, I think that is covered in the rule book). Of course trying to play mind games with an opponent could go either way. They might lose focus on the basketball game to my advantage or they might get so mad that they cut my team a new one.

Do the Shocks have to get permission to wear the grey unis on the road in advance?

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    I understand that the players love them, and that they are going to stay. I get that. It is a horrible TV color though, regardless of what team is wearing it (and about everybody has a gray set nowadays). Anyway, I'll stand by my comment, gray sucks.

Leave a comment:

• _kai_
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I wouldn't get rid of the greys....I love the greys. I'd rather wear grey than white.
    That was my thought. If the coaches and players really love the grey unis, which I know they do, then just substitute them for the majority of the time at home. I think the Black uniforms are the absolute best option we have.

It's always funny to me, because teams who's primary color isn't black, always hope and pray to see their team in an alternate black uniform..... because they look bad ass. We can wear black every away game, and we find a way to not wear it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X