Black and Yellow Gala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and Yellow Gala

Not sure if this will displace/replace the sport specific fundraising events such as the Volleyball and Softball dinners and auctions or not.

Tickets are $200.00 per person Tables are $1,600 and VIP Tables are $2,500. Cocktail attire recommend.

https://goshockers.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=MA23&linkID=wichita&shopp erContext=&caller=&appCode=

Does not sound like it is really intended for the Hoi Polloi (like me). The cocktail attire thing turns me off more than the price. Just not my thing..
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; 2 weeks ago.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not sure if this will displace/replace the sport specific fundraising events such as the Volleyball and Softball dinners and auctions or not.

Tickets are $200.00 per person Tables are $1,600 and VIP Tables are $2,500. Cocktail attire recommend.

Does not sound like it is really intended for the Hoi Polloi (like me). The cocktail attire thing turns me off more than the price. Just not my thing..
    I think my wife wants to go. Floated it when I saw it. I think the turnout for stuff like this is interesting - because I agree with you. I don't see mass appeal. But again, props to KS for trying some new stuff.

Comment

I would hope that this is in addition to the other fundraising events.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I will check in with Volleyball to see if they are still having their auction and dinner. i have something I was planning on contributing to their auction.

August 19th is around the time that the Annual Volleyball Dinner and Auction is usually held.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 22, 2023, 09:33 AM.

Comment

There wasn't a men's basketball fundraising event this month, so I think that tells you the answer.
          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            There wasn't a men's basketball fundraising event this month, so I think that tells you the answer.
            Maybe there was but word of it didn't leak and we'll find out about it next month.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              Are you referring to the Basketball Golf Classic & Auction held on May 7th last year? If so, could that have been impacted by the Coaching change?

If it is displacing the individual sport fund raising events they probably should make fans aware of that. Won't affect my attendance, but could influence what other's decide about attending.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 22, 2023, 09:54 AM.

Comment

What’s wrong with dressing up??
                The Assman

Comment

Ten of us could by one ticket and stay for like 20 minutes each.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    What’s wrong with dressing up??
                    I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. A lot of folks absolutely love to do that. Just not my thing. I just prefer casual attire and have not had to dress up for work for 50 years.

I hope it is a great success. If it does replace the other sport-specific events I will be donating an item to the auction assuming it is something they would take and my guess is it will be.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 22, 2023, 10:39 AM.

Comment

This was tried once before wasn’t it?

Comment

Just waiting on someone to comment…

”Uhhh, shouldn’t this be Black and Gold”?

Comment

Are you referring to the Basketball Golf Classic & Auction held on May 7th last year? If so, could that have been impacted by the Coaching change?

If it is displacing the individual sport fund raising events they probably should make fans aware of that. Won't affect my attendance, but could influence what other's decide about attending.
                          That's exactly what I was referencing, and a coaching change shouldn't have had anything to do with planning. That is a months-long planning process. Planning starts long before mid-March. Seeing as there was no "SAVE DATE" or push to donate items, I am guessing that it was not going to happen.

There was still an event during the Turgeon-Marshall transition. Signage was already done with Mark's name on it. Gregg told department that he understood and wouldn't be offended if Mark's name was still on everything because of the quick turnaround. Schaus didn't care and spent the necessary funds to put Gregg's name on the event.
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                            Just waiting on someone to comment…

”Uhhh, shouldn’t this be Black and Gold”?
                            MY SASO LEVEL IS GOLD BOLD, GOD DAMNIT!

IYKYK.

78-65

Comment

Men's golf still having there fundraiser:

And no doubt things like the Tip-Off Luncheon and Shocker Garage Sale, etc will continue. And I assume the WSU Foundation will continue with their new Founder's Day which raised funds for athletics as well as non-athletic programs, although not sure how successful it was in its first year last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X