• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Shockers Sports History: March 28th

For the day, the Shockers are:
    1 and 0

Regular Season (Games of Interest):
    2013 - Won vs. La Salle Los Angeles, Calif. 72-58. NCAA West Regional (Los Angeles/ Staples Center. Too big, too physical, too quick. Wichita State proved to be too much of everything for La Salle in a 72-58 victory Thursday night that put the Shockers into the final-eight of the NCAA tournament for the first time in 32 years. They overwhelmed the Explorers with a 14-2 run to open the game that had La Salle playing catch-up the rest of the way. The Explorers trailed by 22 points early in the second half and by 20 late. "It took us a half to kind of adjust to the level they were playing at," La Salle coach John Giannini said. "The second half was pretty evenly played, but we were in just too deep of a hole." Malcolm Armstead scored 18 points, Carl Hall added 16 and freshman Ron Baker had 13 for the ninth-seeded Shockers, who proved their upset of No. 1 seed Gonzaga in the third round was no fluke. They never trailed in this matchup of small schools whose past NCAA tourney success was long buried in the history books. "It's like I'm in a dream still with this whole Elite Eight situation," Hall said. "I still can't believe it, but anything is possible when you play defense and you're peaking at the right time."

2013 FULL GAME: WSU LaSalle NCAA

Comment

That game was OVER before the first media time out. Forced a LaSalle TO within 3 minutes of the start of the game, and 2 minutes after halftime. O. V. E. R.

More often than not, when a Gregg Marshall team had you in a choke hold, you were going to get a spike into the brain in short order.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        That game was OVER before the first media time out. Forced a LaSalle TO within 3 minutes of the start of the game, and 2 minutes after halftime. O. V. E. R.

More often than not, when a Gregg Marshall team had you in a choke hold, you were going to get a spike into the brain in short order.
        My text to you that night...

Me: LaSalle seems satisfied
        You: So far LaSalle doesn't have a lot of say in the matter
        78-65

Comment

As everyone was downplaying FAU’s Final Four run, our #13 seed Sweet Sixteen opponent sure didn’t hurt between #8, #1, and #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            As everyone was downplaying FAU’s Final Four run, our #13 seed Sweet Sixteen opponent sure didn’t hurt between #8, #1, and #2.
            Lot different than 8, 16, 4 (minus best player), 3.
            The Assman

Comment

Working...
            X