No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may mean nothing but Ricks, Pierre, and Walton all liked WSU post announcing Coach Mills on Instagram. So….fingers crossed they stay and can improve / prove their shot with Mills offense scheme!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
      This may mean nothing but Ricks, Pierre, and Walton all liked WSU post announcing Coach Mills on Instagram. So….fingers crossed they stay and can improve / prove their shot with Mills offense scheme!
      Moved from flight tracker season to Instagram like season !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
        This may mean nothing but Ricks, Pierre, and Walton all liked WSU post announcing Coach Mills on Instagram. So….fingers crossed they stay and can improve / prove their shot with Mills offense scheme!
        Honestly, I think with a little work Pierre and Walton especially could be VERY successful in Mills' system.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Is this just Shock Talk soliciting? I hope not because it will would be real nice to have JW back (and Pohto and Pierre).
          I took that to mean Jaykwon thinks he should look around (and he probably should) but doesn't mean he won't be back.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Honestly, I think with a little work Pierre and Walton especially could be VERY successful in Mills' system.
            I'd expect Pierre would be first in line for Mills 3 point heavy system lol

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Sitting in the front row is assistant Kenton Paulino and player development/video coordinator Iain Laymon, who is also coming with Paul Mills to Wichita State.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Is this just Shock Talk soliciting? I hope not because it will would be real nice to have JW back (and Pohto and Pierre).
                Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I took that to mean Jaykwon thinks he should look around (and he probably should) but doesn't mean he won't be back.
                Just to clarify, I do NOT tweet.

Comment

• My $.02 isn't worth the knockout electrical plug it's printed on, but that's never stopped a SN'er before, so here goes.

1) I think Mills has a better than 50/50 chance of bringing JW and KP back. I'm not going to go as far as saying excellent, but I think he can do it.
                  2) I think Mills is the kind of coach where the players would gladly run through a wall for him.
                  3) I think players will like his system better than what they've been playing, although what they've been playing could seldom be defined as a "system".
                  4) We may have that rare combination of a "players coach" who holds them accountable and has their respect.
                  5) I think teams reflect the attitudes of their coach. Mills' fire compared to IB's lack of emotion or fire could be reflected in the players' games.
                  6) Mills has some swagger. I think the team next year will reflect that.

Forget bringing Abmas in. I think Mills would encourage Abmas to stay at ORU. He's no Tim Jankovich. If Abmas shows up it will be because he REALLY wants to be here. I believe Mills thinks he can, and will, succeed while maintaining high character and maintaining a set of ethics seldom seen in D1 coaches.

I doubt there will ever be a GGG hire again, but Mills checks a lot of boxes to have that potential.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The presser was handled in typical ADKS style. Well organized and started exactly on time. As to reading about the relationship that seems to be building between ADKS and HCPM it is obvious that KS is a very organized man and has a clear vision of what he wants and how to go about it. PM has a commanding voice that holds your attention and I believe will indeed ingratiate himself to all the people of Wichita State. Saw several SN members and one (SB) told me he was going to the ticket office to see what his options would be for tickets. He was actually smiling and seemed upbeat which was nice to see because he has been nothing but a dark cloud lately. Again I want to thank whoever gave up their seats last year so that I can now enjoy them. I mentioned this to Signman and he too took advantage of improving his seats and said last year was "a buyers market". But I digress. Really like the hire and I see nothing but an upward trend with our AD and HBBC working together. Go Shocks
                    Last edited by pogo; March 23, 2023, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn’t mind flying down for a game
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        The presser was handled in typical ADKS style. Well organized and started exactly on time. As to reading about the relationship that seems to be building between ADKS and HCPM it is obvious that KS is a very organized man and has a clear vision of what he wants and how to go about it. PM has a commanding voice that holds your attention and I believe will indeed ingratiate himself to all the people of Wichita State. Saw several SN members and one (SB) told me he was going to the ticket office to see what his options would be for tickets. He was actually smiling and seemed upbeat which was nice to see because he has been nothing but a dark cloud lately. Again I want to thank whoever gave up their seats last year so that I can now enjoy them. I mentioned this to Signman and he too took advantage of improving his seats and said last year was "a buyers market". But I digress. Really like the hire and I see nothing but an upward trend with our AD and HBBC working together. Go Shocks
                        I was able to move up 14 rows last year. Years before I was lucky to move up 1. Already talked myself into holding on to those as wait and see

Comment

• I have bad eyesight and macular degeneration. I'm too old to walk 1/4 to a 1/2 mile in 20 degree temps to and from the arena. My previous season tickets were row 24. I can see the game better on TV than in CKA, but there is no substitute for the atmosphere and excitement in CKA when the crowd is in the game.

I'm considering season tickets again and getting them while there are still good spots available. I could be priced out of the market for the seats I would need.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Just listened to the interview with the ORU guys. Incredibly excited about Paul Mills becoming Wichita St. new coach!!! Easy to get behind and root for!!! Been rooting from afar for many many years! You guys got yourselves a good one! Go SHOCKS!!!
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• The more I read about this guy, the more he sounds like 3G! I’m IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                The presser was handled in typical ADKS style. Well organized and started exactly on time. As to reading about the relationship that seems to be building between ADKS and HCPM it is obvious that KS is a very organized man and has a clear vision of what he wants and how to go about it. PM has a commanding voice that holds your attention and I believe will indeed ingratiate himself to all the people of Wichita State. Saw several SN members and one (SB) told me he was going to the ticket office to see what his options would be for tickets. He was actually smiling and seemed upbeat which was nice to see because he has been nothing but a dark cloud lately. Again I want to thank whoever gave up their seats last year so that I can now enjoy them. I mentioned this to Signman and he too took advantage of improving his seats and said last year was "a buyers market". But I digress. Really like the hire and I see nothing but an upward trend with our AD and HBBC working together. Go Shocks
                                We also improved our seats this season. We moved from behind the basket to mid court on the same row. Now is the time to get your season tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X