Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Anyone have a link that isn’t ESPN+?
    Someone posted that KSN would have the entire presser on their website when they publish their report.

Comment

• Even though it's harder to see games in-person with two young kids, I'm committed to attending some games next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        Will be fun watching the team that he assembles. Hopefully we can keep KP and Walton.
        Glad KP was there. Didn't see Pierre or Walton I don't think (doesn't necessarily mean anything. Classes in session....etc)
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Overall, pretty good and inspiring.

Muma's talk about growing up in Houston was pretty good, and I think creates an important, early bond. I imagine their relationship will be pretty good.

I thought Saal was the star. He was demanding in his tone. He made very clear what his, and the universities expectations are. I think he said all the right things to get the fan base excited for their coaching decision. He highlighted the importance of the program and it's tradition, while also giving Mills a ton of praise and explaining why he thinks Mills fits the mold.

Mills was good. His answers to the questions were more impressive than his pre-prepared speech was. He made me feel very comfortable in his hiring. A lot of talk about winning, but also creating relationships with the community. I thought his answer about talent vs. team was pretty good, and something that I think we've been missing at WSU since the Ron/Fred era.

Pretty sure I saw Pohto with the team. Not sure if that means he's staying, or milling it over. I couldn't tell from the stream who else was there. Mills' comment about a player saying "they're ready to get back to winning" was a big moment for me.

I wish there was more time for the media to ask questions, or more questions asked from Kennedy. I thought I had overheard Saal ask if he was ready to go talk to media, but couldn't tell 100%.

Good day to be a Shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Glad KP was there. Didn't see Pierre or Walton I don't think (doesn't necessarily mean anything. Classes in session....etc)
            They're in a class right now - I HOPE!
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
              Overall, pretty good and inspiring.

Muma's talk about growing up in Houston was pretty good, and I think creates an important, early bond. I imagine their relationship will be pretty good.

I thought Saal was the star. He was demanding in his tone. He made very clear what his, and the universities expectations are. I think he said all the right things to get the fan base excited for their coaching decision. He highlighted the importance of the program and it's tradition, while also giving Mills a ton of praise and explaining why he thinks Mills fits the mold.

Mills was good. His answers to the questions were more impressive than his pre-prepared speech was. He made me feel very comfortable in his hiring. A lot of talk about winning, but also creating relationships with the community. I thought his answer about talent vs. team was pretty good, and something that I think we've been missing at WSU since the Ron/Fred era.

Pretty sure I saw Pohto with the team. Not sure if that means he's staying, or milling it over. I couldn't tell from the stream who else was there. Mills' comment about a player saying "they're ready to get back to winning" was a big moment for me.

I wish there was more time for the media to ask questions, or more questions asked from Kennedy. I thought I had overheard Saal ask if he was ready to go talk to media, but couldn't tell 100%.

Good day to be a Shocker.
              Yeah, I think media will get their own in the press room.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                Wait, why do I need a subscription to watch a press conference? Why is this not free on WSU’s YouTube?
                Cause we are paying three coaches?

Comment

• Next step--get a team built. Need a PG and big man.

Comment

• Also loved the fact our team was texting him saying they were ready to get back to winning. Very telling.

I’m m 100% in! Great first impression. Now let’s go kicking some ass!

Comment

• Very impressed!!! Welcome aboard Coach Mills!!! Really liked when he acknowledged our expectations and said he wants to exceed those expectations!!! Let's get this thing back up and running coach!!! Go SHOCKS!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        Also loved the fact our team was texting him saying they were ready to get back to winning. Very telling.

I’m m 100% in! Great first impression. Now let’s go kicking some ass!
                        Which ones??

Comment

• Seems like a great fit!

Comment

• I might be off here but I think SN has shifted quite a bit on this hire since the initial news broke. At the very least, more folks have gone from "doom and gloom" to "wait and see".

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

As a former band member and a current band Dad, that made me super happy
                              What years? I used to be a student in the music school. A few weeks ago I read in the paper an obituary of one of my peers, a former band member.

Comment

• Hot off the press from TE: New Wichita State basketball coach Paul Mills expectations | The Wichita Eagle (kansas.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X