No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably was being asked to coach the baseball team too.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• is it time for this dang press conference yet

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        He was on a Tulsa sports radio show this morning:

https://post.futurimedia.com/kfaqam/...ten-11770.html

Just starting to listen. An interesting early comment from Mills that there were some hurdles he didn't think they'd be able to get over during contract negotiations Tuesday morning.
        That was a great interview on both sides of the mic. I like PM even more after listening. Also need to bring in the Interviewer to replace Klutz family.

Thanks for the link!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Already a bit nervous with the hire. This doesn't help for me. Mills success is heavily linked to one recruiting class. The assistants staying at ORU are the ones that are credited with finding those guys.

Gotta hope for the best.
          It was Dana Ford who found and recruited Fred VanVleet. It was Chris Jans who found and recruited Ron Baker. Those two guuys had A LOT to do with Marshall's success.

It's almost always the assistants who find the recruits. It's the HC who seals the deal. Mills probably has the contacts to find some assistants with recruiting ties.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Just starting to listen. An interesting early comment from Mills that there were some hurdles he didn't think they'd be able to get over during contract negotiations Tuesday morning.
            Very impressive interview. With all due respect to Isaac Brown I don't believe the ability to communicate, especially in a public setting, was one of his strengths. It seems pretty obvious that this is a strength of Coach Mills. Now how much that will contribute to success on the basketball court remains to be seen but I would think it certainly will be a positive factor in re-energizing the fan base.

Comment

• Issac Brown had no head coaching experience and it showed, I'll leave it at that

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

With all due respect to Isaac Brown I don't believe the ability to communicate, especially in a public setting, was one of his strengths.
                you MUST be shitt!ng me !!!!

Comment

OUTSTANDING interview
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

you MUST be shitt!ng me !!!!
                    I wouldn't sh!t you, you're my favorite turd!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Excellent interview by HCPM. I don't know how you come away from listening to this and not feel good about the hire (at least in the honeymoon phase).

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link, very much enjoyed that listen. Looking forward to attending the 3:30 intro and seeing the beginning of a great new day in Shocker Nation

Comment

• Originally posted by Mary Johnson
                          We have a new recrute Dayton Forsythe
                          Indeed we do.

Seems to be generating some positive vibes with ShockerNet.

You can check him out here: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...ed#post1387571

Comment

• Originally posted by Joerg View Post
                            Hi is Joerg,,, I am excite on this Miles guy coaches!

Thanks, is Joerg
                            Nice! Welcome back Joerg. Hopefully you are enjoying nice whiskey for to celebrate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mary Johnson
                              We have a new recrute Dayton Forsythe
                              Hey, I remember you…..

Comment

• Has the streaming info for the presser been posted somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                                X