No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassed but not surprised by the fanbase - some of ya'll really expected to land Brad Stevens. I'll take a guy who goes undefeated in his conference, thank you very much. And let's not forget the last two years have been fully unpredictable following COVID, NIL, and the expansion of the transfer portal. I doubt Oral Bob has a breadth of resources to make winning easy.

Welcome, Coach Mills! Excited for the new era.
    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
      The original reaction from the fanbase was a pretty bad look. It took a quick google search for people to "come around" to the hire.
      Guilty as charged.

A S16 followed up by 30 wins 2 seasons later is definitely an accomplishment, taking into account the conference ORU competes in. I would think it's possible for him to do the same here. That's a reasonable expectation for now. We could have done worse...

Comment

• Next years starting line up:
        Abmus
        pierre
        walton
        abidde
        a 5 from the portal

a coach with some fire and energy

we could win the league with that

Comment

• Comment

The original reaction from the fanbase was a pretty bad look. It took a quick google search for people to "come around" to the hire.
            Sure, but it turned pretty fast. Would say support has grown significantly since the announcement. By the time it's official he will have a very warm welcome. That's what matters.

And honestly, I would rather have a fanbase that cares enough to feel that way. Compared to a fanbase that doesnt give a ****.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              Next years starting line up:
              Abmus
              pierre
              walton
              abidde
              a 5 from the portal

a coach with some fire and energy

we could win the league with that
              I think you're forgetting Colby Rogers. So if Abmas were to come here, he, Rogers and Pierre would likely be our starting guards. Then Walton at the 4 if he comes back, but I'm not holding my breath. If he doesn't think he'll get to play right away I give it 50/50 odds, at best.

This is, of course, assuming none of them decide to enter the portal after meeting with Mills.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Sure, but it turned pretty fast. Would say support has grown significantly since the announcement. By the time it's official he will have a very warm welcome. That's what matters.

And honestly, I would rather have a fanbase that cares enough to feel that way. Compared to a fanbase that doesnt give a ****.
                I would prefer people do their google searches before replying to every major national media guy saying it's a bad hire.

Comment

I would prefer people do their google searches before replying to every major national media guy saying it's a bad hire.
                  It wasn't a ton of people. Just the same ones commenting a lot.

And I saw quite a bit of support also.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Any info on assistants?

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      Any info on assistants?
                      I would guess that would come much later as the university itself hasn't even made an announcement.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I expect Sam Patterson to try to land the Head Coaching job, if not, he will follow Coach Mills to Wichita State.

Comment

Any info on assistants?
                          damn good question

Comment

Any info on assistants?
                            C83F5385-8498-4709-9C5E-6CB478200E1A.jpeg

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              I expect Sam Patterson to try to land the Head Coaching job, if not, he will follow Coach Mills to Wichita State.
                              Read last night he was not in the running to take over ORU as he was already on his way to Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by DwShock View Post
                                Has an official announcement been made by the university yet?
                                I would hope that would happen today.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X