No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the coaching staff is going to bring in a HS recruit for the last scholarship I hope the player can contribute something right away. I suspect Joy is likely a project so ideally they don't tie up another scholarship on someone who won't play. We don't even know if Abidde or Ricks can be steady rotation guys at this point.

No clue if there's any interest but I'd be happy to bring back Makhi Myles. He seems like he could contribute right away and WSU is a little thin on the wings.

Comment

• Pierre certainly improved as the year went along.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Pierre certainly improved as the year went along.
        He also improved on after-made basket celebration’s… he was solid.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Haven’t watched much film so someone help me out with the hype on O’Connel :

offensively speaking ; from what you would expect from a guard who was a borderline top 100 recruit his stats have been horrible 3 years in.

I am picking out the poor stats for perspective only :

under 30% from three his last 2 years. 57% at the free throw line the year before last. 38% total field goals the past 2 years. If he was on a team surrounded by dagger shooters it’s fine but for our last potential transfer get ? He may have intangibles but WOOF to the stats above.
          Last edited by LetsGoShockers2021; May 14, 2023, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
            I’m still super high on Forsythe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"Maybe it took two months for Pohto to convince Mills that he wanted to be at WSU"

So you were saying that a person, that did not want to come back, spent 2 months convincing a coach that he wanted to come back ...

Uh... Ok. Yea ... Sure.
              Maybe, adverb, suggesting a possibility. You can look up words you don't understand on the Internet.
              Last edited by Aargh; May 14, 2023, 09:47 AM.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                Haven’t watched much film so someone help me out with the hype on O’Connel :

offensively speaking ; from what you would expect from a guard who was a borderline top 100 recruit his stats have been horrible 3 years in.

under 30% from three his last 2 years. 57% at the free throw line the year before last. 38% total field goals the past 2 years. If he was on a team surrounded by dagger shooters it’s fine but for our last potential transfer get ? He may have intangibles but WOOF to the stats above.
                He's a point guard with a pulse. Cortes will need to take some breaks from time to time. At this point PM is probably recruiting a backup PG. That's not an easy task. If PM can find a starter who can beat out Cortes for minutes that would be ideal, but isn't likely. We've seen what happens when there are two PG's who both think they should be starters (Burton and Sherfield).
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                  Haven’t watched much film so someone help me out with the hype on O’Connel :

under 30% from three his last 2 years. 57% at the free throw line the year before last. He may have intangibles but WOOF to the stats above.
                  His freshman year was really solid, not so much after that.

Him being a Stanford guy my guess is Notre Dame anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

This is a stretch. The team was playing really good offense during conference play… the only player with a consistent “me over team” issue was Pierre…Not only did he shoot poorly often - he consistently passed the ball a half second late and off target. He was careless and didn’t seemed bothered by it.
                    100% agree. Zero interest in him coming back (if I was in a caring state of mind).

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

100% agree. Zero interest in him coming back (if I was in a caring state of mind).
                      Diligas?

Comment

• I thought there were posts that said JP didn't return from spring break. Is that still true?

Comment

• Pierre was the one player I was happy to see enter the portal. He does more harm than good in the entirety
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• We do still have 2 ships to sign, Right?
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              We do still have 2 ships to sign, Right?
                              yup

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X