Wichita State: vs Tulane (01/25/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I thought Clevin was a pretty legit PG, that could also score, during our rebuild with Marshall.
    He had flaws too. He was small, and could be physically bullied, and lost the ball in a trap. I liked Clevin, who had strengths, like shooting, along with weaknesses, and he had an advantage of having a good coach. Clevin wasn’t a perfect Point Guard either.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Yes he was. Does anyone remember this point guard from way back who could run a pretty good pick-n-pop? Keeps his head up. It WSU's last Championship season:

Why did HCIB quit going to the pick-n-pop? Maybe because the players couldn't figure it out?
      Was he the one that should have done a lot more passing and less popping?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Was he the one that should have done a lot more passing and less popping?
        Should have done a hell of a lot less dribbling too.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Having seen now just what kind of "offense" IB runs....I don't know that I put the blame totally on him for the "too much dribbling".

Feels like that is a product of IB's system
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He had flaws too. He was small, and could be physically bullied, and lost the ball in a trap. I liked Clevin, who had strengths, like shooting, along with weaknesses, and he had an advantage of having a good coach. Clevin wasn’t a perfect Point Guard either.
            Yeah, I also remember how poorly our offense ran when he wasn't at the point against Pitt in KC.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I’d take an over dribbling PG about now if it meant a conference championship

Comment

I thought I'd go ahead and post that vid. because of all the point guards brought up in this discussion, going back to D. Williams, no one even mentioned the McDonald's All-American point guard who was capable of running a pick-n-pop all by himself, and all the while piloting a Conference Champion. He could figure it out... No one, that I know of, on this board said CP wasn't a good player. I myself would put him in Jamarius Burton's class, maybe...

Looking forward to tip off so this conversation can die a (not so) quick death.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I’d take an over dribbling PG about now if it meant a conference championship
                  No chance that team would win a conference championship in a normal year.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

No chance that team would win a conference championship in a normal year.
                    The stars were aligned

Comment

Great. Turn on the game and get to see The Process.

Comment

Zero chance this game will be on time on ESPNU. Why/how are they so bad about that??

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Great. Turn on the game and get to see The Process.
                          Typical big 12 game with 60 fouls that lasts 2 1/2 hours plus

Comment

Waves/Shockers will not Tip-off until 9:10pm

Comment

Curious what the suit police think of Huggy Bear’s windbreaker look

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Curious what the suit police think of Huggy Bear’s windbreaker look
                                It looks like he is running a youth soccer practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X