No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Memphis (01/19/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierre plays decent D. He could be an asset on offense but he forces shots, even when 1 on 5 that he misses. Last night, Rojas played his best game as a Shock IMO. He plays hard but also at times out of control. What took so long to play Flanagan? Porter is the last 3G recruit and good thing he returned for this Season. Kenny P. really passes the rock good. Walton is solid. Wondering if C. Rogers could play 1, or only the 2? The use of Gus on and off and then off or not at all is confusing.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      The use of Gus on and off and then off or not at all is confusing.
      my only guess is that he must not work very hard in practice?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

my only guess is that he must not work very hard in practice?
        “Practice, we talkin’ ‘bout practice…”
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Pierre is a certified brick. Red clay, sand lime, concrete, fly ash... doesn't matter. He does them all.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I get the concern of rolling with Flanagan due to size mismatch, however he carried this team on his back for several games, so we HAD to give him a chance when the bright lights are on. If the disparity becomes a problem, sure, you'd probably be forced to sit him. But he earned the right to test himself against Memphis.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Memphis was a huge mismatch for Flanagan, but I understand what you are saying and it probably was worth giving him more minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Pierre plays decent D. He could be an asset on offense but he forces shots, even when 1 on 5 that he misses. Last night, Rojas played his best game as a Shock IMO. He plays hard but also at times out of control. What took so long to play Flanagan? Porter is the last 3G recruit and good thing he returned for this Season. Kenny P. really passes the rock good. Walton is solid. Wondering if C. Rogers could play 1, or only the 2? The use of Gus on and off and then off or not at all is confusing.
                Speaking of Colby Rogers, I wonder how he's feeling about his decision about now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Memphis was a huge mismatch for Flanagan, but I understand what you are saying and it probably was worth giving him more minutes.
                  He is a spark for sure, but anyone with an ounce of basketball experience, knows you can't try a finger roll in the lane against Memphis - and he didn't just try it one time.

Comment

Memphis was a huge mismatch for Flanagan, but I understand what you are saying and it probably was worth giving him more minutes.
                    Agree, like seriously, what does IB have to lose? At least he ‘busts his butt’ and makes it worth watching. He’s a hoot. Especially when he went to the rack against the best shot blocker in the history of basketball; the guy who can make change off the top of the backboard stuffed him big-time.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Speaking of Colby Rogers, I wonder how he's feeling about his decision about now.
                      His father made FB post claiming he was THE ANSWER

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

His father made FB post claiming he was THE ANSWER
                        he will help for sure, just hope there's more coming back to help him and a good PG somewhere in the universe that comes to WSU.

Comment

• Some have mentioned this, I really don’t understand IB’s substitutions, line-ups etc. Absolutely no cohesion, players seem confused as well. It’s like he plays Yahtzee with the line up all game long. I guess this is why I am not a D1 coach, although I do enjoy playing Yahtzee.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                            Some have mentioned this, I really don’t understand IB’s substitutions, line-ups etc. Absolutely no cohesion, players seem confused as well. It’s like he plays Yahtzee with the line up all game long. I guess this is why I am not a D1 coach, although I do enjoy playing Yahtzee.
                            I agree. Things were going ok in the first half then all of a sudden he brought in Abidde, Okafor and I think it was Scott and all hell broke loose. It made no sense to me at the time and I was completely scratching my head. Couple of turnovers and easy buckets later and Memphis stretched their lead bigtime.

Comment

I agree. Things were going ok in the first half then all of a sudden he brought in Abidde, Okafor and I think it was Scott and all hell broke loose. It made no sense to me at the time and I was completely scratching my head. Couple of turnovers and easy buckets later and Memphis stretched their lead bigtime.
                              To be fair, Walton had 2 or 3 terrible passes that helped the tide turn. A lot of these guys just aren’t ready for this level of play.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Did he play JUCO ball? Cuz there’s a lot of JUCO in him.
                                Didn’t play Juco but no way on Pierre. Needs to go and I don’t say that hardly ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X