Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs East Carolina (12/31/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    This entire debacle goes back to whoever made Boatright the athletic director. Amazing how bad things can go with one wrong hire.
    That's one . then the disaster of a Jay Golden hire ..

Comment

• Bardo and Marshall were the perfect duo.

Too bad we couldn’t have had a decade more of that pair.

(And found away to bring Saal in along the way)
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        This entire debacle goes back to whoever made Boatright the athletic director. Amazing how bad things can go with one wrong hire.
        Three wrong hires. For all the good Bardo did for WSU, he seems to have had little interest in athletics. Sexton had absolutely no background in athletic administration or supervision of the type of perso0nalities that successful D1 coaches have.

I will never consider Bardo to be a wrong hire. the third one is Golden.

Boatright's extension and raise was set in motion when Golden was President. Once the media reports were public and the investigation underway IS NOT the time to give the guy who should have handled the situation a raise and an extension. Golden could have fired Boatright for not handling the situation, done a press release acknowledging the situation, said it would be handled internally and stated a guarantee that if anything alleged in the media actually occurred it would never be tolerated at any level in the future.

There would still have been damage to the program, but it wouldn't approach the level of damage we're seeing now.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

You may be right, but he is hurting the team and the University by hanging on in a job he is absolutely dreadful at. He must be miserable if he truly cares about anyone else but himself.
          So selfish? Wonder where the team gets it from then?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Headline changed, and “the low point of his career” was updated to “one of the low points in his career”. I caught the difference between both, but it’s still mentioned in the article
            That makes sense. I wasn't in the mood to read the article given the circumstances so I was only going off of the tweet. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I don't want to be political, but it's mirroring our society.

As a whole, equality, equity and "nice" have become more important, while success, determination and discipline have all become less important, if not demonized and seen as bad or even evil.
              Your best post ever. Rewarding, even paying people, not to work is and will end badly for any endeavor

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Other than Memphis, what program screams "big boy" to Wichita State fans? None. So why in the actual **** can't we hold our own against them?

Who said we can't? We have held our own against them the last 3 years. No?

My reference was to the "New Normal" that is college basketball. The early returns aren't very encouraging in a world where 'enticement' doesn't exist anymore. Kinda sorta like 2 genders, or ballot box voting, no longer are a thing. Our very own Shockernet doc stated it eloquently. There's more at play here than "hey, let's go get a new coach and a new point guard and everything is gonna' be swell..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

You may be right, but he is hurting the team and the University by hanging on in a job he is absolutely dreadful at. He must be miserable if he truly cares about anyone else but himself.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                    Who said we can't? We have held our own against them the last 3 years. No?
                    Our last three games against Memphis:

20 point loss
                    18 point loss
                    24 point loss

This year it could be biblical.

I used to think you made ignorant posts because you knew nothing about basketball. But now it's clear that you don't even watch the games.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      Not sure in today’s college sports environment that it will matter who the coach is. Schools like ours will struggle to retain good players for multiple seasons. Seasons like this will become the rule rather than the exception.
                      I hope your mistaken in this assessment. However, it is not out of the realm or possibility the way things are going. I'm thining the ADKS has once chance to get this right. How critical it is for him to act as soon as possible I don't know. How quickly he can act would seem to be dictated by the financial circumstances. He needs to act as soon as those circumstances allow. But if he swings and misses on this hire or if your assessment of the situation proves accurate than the future direction of WSU sports is quite uncertain.

But WSU is not alone. I wonder if the current state of affairs in college football and basketball is sustainable for all but about 25% (at most) of D-1 programs. I wonder if we will see a restructuring of college athletes coming at some point and it seems pretty clear that WSU will not end up in the upper echelon. When of if that occurs only time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        For those who attended, how many butts in the seats?
                        Actually wasn’t bad, but probably the highest we’ll see until Houston/Memphis. Nothing makes a good energetic crowd not want to return like a demoralizing loss with a lack of effort
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Someone convince me we’re not one of the worst 15 teams in division 1 currently. We have home losses to Alcorn and ECU for god’s sake

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                            Someone convince me we’re not one of the worst 15 teams in division 1 currently. We have home losses to Alcorn and ECU for god’s sake
                            Could be worse believe it or not. Louisville for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Our last three games against Memphis:

I used to think you made ignorant posts because you knew nothing about basketball. But now it's clear that you don't even watch the games.
                              And it's clear you don't follow my posts too closely either retard. "Other. Than. The. Tigers."

You got some nerve popping off you god**mn pompous nitwit. Mo only played well against bottom feeders eh?

Namaste, Biotch

Comment

• It’s very hard to watch this team struggle..it has talent..I would like to think it’s just lack of senior leadership but it doesn’t seem to be getting better.
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X