Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs East Carolina (12/31/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    These next 4 games are critical HCIB. If they don't win these games, there is real risk this team instead of finishing 5th in the conference, finishes 9th or worse.

Comment

After reading the story above I still don’t think IB realizes the Shox offense is horrible. I know he mentions valuing the ball and locking in. Where is the comment of executing at a high level or running an effective offense? Where is the comment we have to run better plays. Where is the comment we have to push the ball to get easier baskets or create turnovers to get easy baskets. I want to be optimistic but dude, IB could help me be more optimistic if I thought he really knew our offense was terrible. Sorry for the rant…

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        Assists to turnovers has probably been our biggest issue. Remove CP's and KP's good numbers and the rest of the team is just pitiful. Thought there would be more emphasis on taking care of the ball and court recognition but ain't happened yet. Weak opponent should mean a positive number today. Shocks 63-55
        KPs and the other bigs constant missed layups or shots at the rim are untracked turnovers too

Comment

Originally posted by shox7 View Post
          After reading the story above I still don’t think IB realizes the Shox offense is horrible. I know he mentions valuing the ball and locking in. Where is the comment of executing at a high level or running an effective offense? Where is the comment we have to run better plays. Where is the comment we have to push the ball to get easier baskets or create turnovers to get easy baskets. I want to be optimistic but dude, IB could help me be more optimistic if I thought he really knew our offense was terrible. Sorry for the rant…
          I'm at the point I'm not sure if the offense is bad or the players just have no idea how to run it. There is a lot of pointing and waving and visible frustration from some players. It's probably both. We don't know how to run an offense that doesn't generate the right shots for this team.

Also not making an excuse for HCIB. He's responsible for all of the above

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Bold claim .. to have assists we have to make shots and layups. Which has proven to be a struggle lol
            It is vital to recognize the "hot player." Pretty simple strategy. Easier said than done with this team for the last 2 years.

edit: didn't see your post above. Both, most obviously.

Comment

No Flanagan

Comment

Really bad start for the refs so far

Comment

I gotta ask Pin’s ‘every home game’ question; how many butts in the seats? Unfortunately, I can’t attend todays game.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

An offensive rebound… thank you dear Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      I gotta ask Pin’s ‘every home game’ question; how many butts in the seats? Unfortunately, I can’t attend todays game.
                      6-7k maybe. More full than I expected

Comment

Scott doesn't look ready. Maybe he's nervous.

Comment

Bell with two horrible defensive possessions… left three point shooter wide open both times. Thought he played because of his defense.

Comment

Bout' time to go watch the National Semi on ESPN.

Comment

Walton had a 5'8 kid on him and we didn't get him the ball

Comment

I’m sorry but it is so obvious that this Coach and therefore team does not know what it is doing. Sad. Everything good that happens after that is just random and not recurring. Retaining Gregg Marshall was nearly existential.

Comment

Working...
                                X