Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: at Kansas State (12/03/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a team gets ahead and plus ahead for a considerable portion of games but consistently fritters away leads and games it is because of what has not been instilled in practice and what has not been reminded during games whether by example or indoctrination.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Are you or anyone else in this quandary? If IB turns this around, maybe even just a little, does that just prolong the inevitable? Does anyone think IB is the correct long-term answer? Has anyone else resigned to accepting the L's because it hastens the change in coaching?
      Not sure how to answer your 1st question. Question 2, no. Question 3, I can't speak for anyone but myself. He wasn't the correct hire at the time. Question 4, no, but not for the reason you might think.

Comment

• I certainly have mixed emotions. It's just hard to root for failure but at the same time I want change and asap. What I am afraid of is that the conference is so weak we will APPEAR to be better than what we really are and I think it is a likely scenario. Hate to even think about next season with this group minus CP, listen to all the hype about new recruits only to see them fizzle, and struggle again. Just no confidence we have the right staff to improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not sure how to answer your 1st question. Question 2, no. Question 3, I can't speak for anyone but myself. He wasn't the correct hire at the time. Question 4, no, but not for the reason you might think.
          Well, that is certainly and interesting answer!

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            I certainly have mixed emotions. It's just hard to root for failure but at the same time I want change and asap. What I am afraid of is that the conference is so weak we will APPEAR to be better than what we really are and I think it is a likely scenario. Hate to even think about next season with this group minus CP, AND GOD KNOWS HOW MANY OTHERS, listen to all the hype about new recruits only to see them fizzle, and struggle again. Just no confidence we have the right staff to improve.
            FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
              When a team gets ahead and plus ahead for a considerable portion of games but consistently fritters away leads and games it is because of what has not been instilled in practice and what has not been reminded during games whether by example or indoctrination.
              Or because your big man unfortunately was gassed at the same time your other big got injured, and you then got predictably run on.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• shockers beat the spread. they just have trouble finishing, like happens to EVERY team full of newcomers. they will get a lucky break (against, say, tulsa or usf) and then ride it. it will all come together.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I really hope something happens at the end of the season. It’s really quite depressing.
                  My expectation is the team by the time it gets to non-conference will start playing just good enough that it will be enough that they have to keep HCIB.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

My expectation is the team by the time it gets to non-conference will start playing just good enough that it will be enough that they have to keep HCIB.
                    That expectation is quite depressing.

Comment

You mean to conference?

Comment

If this team wins more than five games in conference I'll eat my hat.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

You mean to conference?
                          Yes, that is correct

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

If this team wins more than five games in conference I'll eat my hat.
                            KenPom has had a pretty good handle on WSU this year. They have projected WSU will go 9-9 in conference. HCIB is not getting fired for going 0.500 in conference. The media will be talking about how good of job he doing just to be 0.500 after turning over his roster. They will blame the roster turnover on NIL.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I did. 6 charges to zero.
                              It's not the refs fault that we were out of control so much. I can't recall any charge call that I could have even argued should have or could have been a block. I also can't recall any the other way.

Are there missed calls? Of course. Was this game one sided or inconsistent? Not at all.

And I agree with some others that I didn't think the CP review towards the end would get reversed until the final angle, which I thought showed it went off of Craig.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

KenPom has had a pretty good handle on WSU this year. They have projected WSU will go 9-9 in conference. HCIB is not getting fired for going 0.500 in conference. The media will be talking about how good of job he doing just to be 0.500 after turning over his roster. They will blame the roster turnover on NIL.
                                Let's say 7-5 non-conference and 9-9 conference. 16-14 going to Fort Worth. That's purgatory. Maybe not bad enough to make change. Definitely not good enough to have any optimism going forward.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X