Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: at Kansas State (12/03/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coach's decision

Comment

• While this was another frustrating games for us as fans. I think we all can see some improvements. The problem is these kids are even more frustrated and it is very easy for them to lose any confidence in each other as well as confidence in the coaches. When and if that happens to a couple of them, it will become contagious. That's when you will see more and more undisciplined ball, allot of forced Individual moves, and a ton of transfers of our better players.
      I think we may have seen a little of the lack of confidence in each other and the coaches already.
      That will be tough to turn around if so.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Regardless of IBs coaching ability in my opinion, this deserves some respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
          While this was another frustrating games for us as fans. I think we all can see some improvements. The problem is these kids are even more frustrated and it is very easy for them to lose any confidence in each other as well as confidence in the coaches. When and if that happens to a couple of them, it will become contagious. That's when you will see more and more undisciplined ball, allot of forced Individual moves, and a ton of transfers of our better players.
          I think we may have seen a little of the lack of confidence in each other and the coaches already.
          That will be tough to turn around if so.
          You are completely correct in your analysis of what happens but behind on what stage we are in . We are full blown in the process and already have been. This is total coaching ineptitude. The staff is letting the team down. Marshall would be undefeated with this bunch. IB can’t get them over the hump. This is why you don’t make the mistake we made. Then when we made the mistake we compounded it by not hiring the best assistant. We hired the worst one by default. How can you not be so completely pissed off by what has happened here. This program is just giving away games tha are ours for the taking. No effing excuse!

Comment

• the shockers look exactly like a team with 10 newcomers.. struggling to finish against other d-1 teams. they would not be undefeated if marshall was coaching them, whoever suggested that. hell, roy williams would struggle with 10 newcomers, even if a couple of them were mcdonalds all-americans, let alone disgruntled d-1 transfers.

'just gotta grasp the urgency, young men.. (and that takes time with newcomers). when that lucky break finally comes (against, say, cincinnatti or ucf), take it and ride ride it.

but don't quit so early, folks.. and then accuse the team of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Regardless of IBs coaching ability in my opinion, this deserves some respect.
              I want to see accountability IN GAME!!!

Lazy plays, bad shots. and bad TOs should determine playing time too!!
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Pretty sure that was a called play and Walton or Okafor were in the wrong spot.
                based on everything I saw at the game - I would guess Walton was in the wrong spot. The pass was going right it Gus who was set of the three point shot.

Comment

• Just got back from the game:

1) Craig was too passive in the second half. I would like to see a couple more pull up jumpers from him. He got one late and it is always available.

2) IB has to foul with multiple 1&1’s late. He effectively had five seconds to tie the game as you know KSU was going to foul once it got under five second remaining

3) the look on Bell’s face when IB told him to knock off the corner jab step three times into an air ball was worth the trip

4) glad Coach didn’t play guys like JPJ. Hopefully the message is received.

5) fire fast might be the best course of action

6) on to the next one

Comment

• Fugly basketball game. Both teams shot just about the same. K-State got 8 more free throw and made 5 more, the point differential in the game.

Shocks 5 assists to 16 turnovers. K-State 13 assists to 8 turnovers. Ballgame and a sign of a team that lacks discipline and focus.

This team just comes up short in just about every way possible on the offensive side of the game.

The question is can that be turned around. I would be very reluctant to make a bet that it will. The foul odor of the 90's seems to have made a comeback.

Hopefully, ADKS can pull a JIm Schaus act out of his hat. It will all depend of on whether the deep-pocketed boosters rally behind him. Not at all sure that is a given.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      hell, roy williams would struggle with 10 newcomers, even if a couple of them were mcdonalds all-americans, let alone disgruntled d-1 transfers

Did I read that right? Roy Efffen Williams? One of the biggest cheaters to ever coach in the NCAA! Hope I never see or hear his name again.
                      Last edited by Atxshoxfan; December 4, 2022, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• - We lost because Ballard was gassed at the same time Walton was hurt, and we went small ball.

- Ballard got meaningful minutes against a not-awful Big-12 team -- and he did very well. He's clearly a defensive presence and even though he didn't score for crap, he does make a positive impact on the offensive end. Not getting to play and build up his confidence against the gimme opponents is probably part of his production problem, but his +/- last night was good for second highest on the team with 9.4. I hope the coaches notice, he needs more P.T., stat.

- Our defense was again solid, but got ran over when both Ballard and Walton had to sit simultaneously. That was probably the time to get some of IPBC's defensive hustle on the floor until Ballard got his breather, instead of going small ball.

- Turnovers: We were only three turnovers higher than our average against Big-12 teams under the last four years of HC3GM, where we averaged right at 13 per Big-12 opponent. The turnovers last night at least were mostly from trying to be aggressive to the hoop -- which is better than the passing and ball handling turnover disaster we saw in the first half against Missouri.

- Steals + Blocks: The lost possessions due to turnovers are being covered by having more blocks and steals than we averaged against Big-12 under HC3GM. That extra effort we are getting on the blocks and steals side of the equation ends up being a wash with the few extra turnovers.

We're getting better, and if Ballard's last game was not a one-hit-wonder and he gets meaningful minutes when Pohto is healthy, then there's something interesting brewing.
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• On a positive note, the women are winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBShocker View Post
                            On a positive note, the women are winning.
                            I'm way more impressed with the guys hanging with Mizzou and KState (2 games they lost but should have won) than I am the ladies winning 6 of 7 against the worst of the worst and frankly looking awful while doing it.

I really hope volleyball wins today.

Comment

• I really wonder what play was drawn up on that play to get the three-point shot. There's a really good replay of it here at 2:05: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5h0vFxzd9A

Porter dribbles up toward the three-point line. Okafor and Walton are standing right inside the three-point line on Porter's left. Okafor steps out first and takes a position to take a three. The defense collapses on Porter, so he tries to pass to Okafor. Walton steps out and tries to intercept the pass but it looks like he tips it out of bounds. It looks like Okafor was in the best position to take the shot and Walton should have stayed where he was to block out #35.

Comment

• Anytime a defender reaches in from behind to steal a ball it has to be a clean steal. You see fouls called time after time when defenders are reaching in from behind. There was a still photo that showed the defender making what appeared, to me at least, unacceptable contact allowing him to punch the ball out. The bigger issue for me was the no foul call on a reach in and a 1-1 for CP.

Comment

Working...
                                X