Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: at Kansas State (12/03/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon copy of last game. Lead entire 2nd half. Turnovers and bad free throw shooting strike again

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      5 assists on 19 baskets
      16 turnovers
      20% from 3pt

Talented Team
      Do we have an offense?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        We have turned into almost a 100% zone team. We either can’t guard one on one or our coach doesn’t like to play M/M. Marshall only played zone in the last couple of minutes in a half. Now we almost only play zone.
        They burned us off the dribble when we went man

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
          Hey I guess we were ahead for a majority of the game, that counts for something, doesn’t it
          yeah the snowflake medal
          Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Porter had 1 to on the 1ST half. How did you determine that he has too many weak turnovers?
            It wasn't just from tonight...I watched a few minutes each of a couple other games and noticed he made some really careless TOs in each during the very short period I watched. So I looked at this year's stats and, yeah, he turns the ball over more than he should - especially considering our competition thus far this year. I wondered if I was off in my perception, but then I looked at the TO rate of our other PGs over the past 10 years (Burton, SHJ, Landry/Conner, FVV) and it looks like CP's TO rate / minute is meaningfully higher than the others (I just calcd it in my head - I didn't look the rate/min up so I could be off). When you take into account the others' stats are after going through the conference with much tougher competition and I feel more confident now saying that taking care of the ball is not just his biggest weakness but is an actual weakness. Again, maybe my calcs are off just doing it in my head. Also, his assist-to-TO rate is barely over 1:1 which is not where it would be.

I do want to say that his TO rate is about his only weakness. I think he is an extremely talented guard and his ability to stuff the stat sheet is off the charts. I love CP and I think he's the most talented guard we've had since Landry, I just would like to see him tighten up his handle and passes.

Comment

• This team is almost unwatchable. Our brand of basketball is beyond ugly.

Comment

Do we have an offense?
                Yes! It’s called “go one on one”, or “jack up a three”.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                  Same old story... moral victories got old a while ago.
                  No such thing as a “moral victory”.

Comment

Do we have an offense?
                    That's the big question. Either we have an ineffective offensive system or players who refuse to or can't execute it.

Comment

• We took a lot of tough contested shots and 3s. Quite a few 3s were contested too, a lot of them forced or just thrown up, at the end of the clock.

Comment

• \Why did we switch to zone?

Comment

• When Ballard went out halfway through the 2nd half number 11 took it inside and scored at will. When we put Ballard back in number 11 quit taking it to the hoop. We didn't need to wait until they got ahead to react.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• There it is…”gotta get better”.

Comment

• I was actually pleased with the offense against Tarleton and Mizzou. We ran some good sets. Our motion offense was crisp and the ball was moving. Tonight was a major step back and it looked like last season of IBall. Very frustrating losing two winnable games.

Comment

• So were both Poor Bear and KP sick?

Comment

Working...
                                X