Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: at Kansas State (12/03/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal thinks the five man is our problem? The three five men collectively shoot nearly 50% and are not part of the turnover issue. Rojas has four assists to seventeen turnovers. PG is not the problem and neither is the SF position. Clearly, our most obvious problems are that our shooting guards cannot shoot and the team assist/turnover rate is in the dumpster. There is no offensive flow, poor ball movement and almost no perimeter reversals - no post up game since coaches think centers belong on the perimeter setting screens and when one does post up he is largely ignored. Much of this is simply poor coaching. On the positive side I think our team defense has been better than expected. I expect to lose to the Cats about 65-60

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Royal thinks the five man is our problem? The three five men collectively shoot nearly 50% and are not part of the turnover issue. Rojas has four assists to seventeen turnovers. PG is not the problem and neither is the SF position. Clearly, our most obvious problems are that our shooting guards cannot shoot and the team assist/turnover rate is in the dumpster. There is no offensive flow, poor ball movement and almost no perimeter reversals - no post up game since coaches think centers belong on the perimeter setting screens and when one does post up he is largely ignored. Much of this is simply poor coaching. On the positive side I think our team defense has been better than expected. I expect to lose to the Cats about 65-60
      Move Porter to the 2. He can get his own shot, or shoot spot up 3s, plus it relieves him from primary ball handling duties, which it seems are wearing on him and making him play sloppy down the stretch. Put Scott at the 1, who is a more natural PG. Craig can play damn near the entire game and not get worn out playing the 2. If that's not working, change it back to how it was, but clearly we are searching for answers.

Comment

Royal thinks the five man is our problem? The three five men collectively shoot nearly 50% and are not part of the turnover issue.
        Well maybe the 5 man is the problem because of the coaching staff. Maybe the issue is the coaching staff needs to make the 5 have more of role?

Comment

Can we rename these threads to simply game which includes pre, in, and post? Nitpicky yes, but new users could get easily confused.

Comment

We are a poor ball handling team. I'm not sure how that gets fixed.

Comment

. I expect to lose to the Cats about 65-60
              There are no moral victories, but losing to them by only 5 at their place would be close to one.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Can we rename these threads to simply game which includes pre, in, and post? Nitpicky yes, but new users could get easily confused.
                Bold of you to assume we are getting any new users right now ...

Comment

This has double-digit loss written all over it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

In the past it made sense to have a separate pre-game thread. Now there's not enough interest.

Comment

Yeah I think it’s just cleaner to have a game thread that has everything rolled into one. You’re right. Pre and in (which is usually what happened) is even a little too bulky.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

In the past it made sense to have a separate pre-game thread. Now there's not enough interest.
                        Also the Shocker History threads could be lumped together as sticky or just one thread. Kinda clutters up the place.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          We are a poor ball handling team. I'm not sure how that gets fixed.
                          Change CPjr to the shooting guard like Dan said in an earlier post and I said a couple of days ago in the Missouri game thread. Makes sense to me. Take some of the pressure off of Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Change CPjr to the shooting like Dan said in an earlier post and I said a couple of days ago in the Missouri game thread. Makes sense to me. Take some of the pressure off of Porter.
                            So just how many minutes is Scott going to play and/or who else can take on that duty?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

So just how many minutes is Scott going to play and/or who else can take on that duty?
                              Bingo! Scott isn't ready to play 30-35 minutes per game and there is not other option at PG since Porter is so terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Also the Shocker History threads could be lumped together as sticky or just one thread. Kinda clutters up the place.
                                Ha ha! The poster who has 30K+ posts is complaining about "cluttering up the place."

Comment

Working...
                                X