Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: at Kansas State (12/03/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Game Thread: at Kansas State (12/03/22)

Date and Time: Dec 3 (Sat) 8:00 P.M. at Kansas State
    Mascot: Willie the Wildcat
    TV & Radio: ESPNU --- KEYN 103.7 FM
    Shockers: Win by 6+
    11.36%
    Shockers: Win by 1 to 5
    6.82%
    Toss-Up: Could Go Either Way
    13.64%
    Shockers: Lose by 1 to 5
    9.09%
    Shockers: Lose by 6+
    59.09%

The poll is expired.

Playing now on FS1.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
      Playing now on FS1.
      Ouch!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Lose by 6+.

Reverse psychology.

It’s only weird if it doesn’t work.
        78-65

Comment

I think the new coach of the Cats might be a guy

Comment

KState got beat pretty bad by Butler tonight. Of course it was all their coaches fault. Sound familiar?

Comment

don't feel good about this at all......

Comment

Watched most of the K St/Butler game last night, it's going to be ugly. First one to 50 may win. Hoping Vegas looks at Wichita's OT game and sets the total way too high.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  I think the new coach of the Cats might be a guy
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Here's the deal. Shocks win by 1 point only and make 7 throws in a row to seal the deal. That's all I got to say about that.

WSU 73

K-State 72

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Dislike KSU, maybe more than KU.

We win by 4.

Comment

Our fan base, particularly this board, is schizophrenic. We really have 8 (almost 1/3 so far of those that have voted) posters that think this is a toss up or win game vs the 2 or so that thought we would beat an injured Richmond team?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Our fan base, particularly this board, is schizophrenic. We really have 8 (almost 1/3 so far of those that have voted) posters that think this is a toss up or win game vs the 2 or so that thought we would beat an injured Richmond team?
                          I voted toss up. With this team every game is a toss up. They have shown us they can play like the second half of the Mizzou game. That type of play puts us in a competitive position in most of our games. We also have show we can play like the first half. That type of play can get us blown out in most of our games. This team is a definition of a toss up team.

Comment

Personally, I'm feeling schizophrenic about this game. The past two years we've been conditioned to fear the worst when playing quality opponents. But the guys competed against Missouri, showed well against Houston last year (I know, hardly the same team). But I'm also starting to see signs of growth. IB is tinkering (playing Porter and Scott together) and finding some things that work. Walton and Okafor are getting more comfortable in their roles to help shoulder the scoring and play-making duties. Bell is starting to settle in and see some success. All positive signs for the rest of the season.

The flip-side of the coin is we still don't have a reliable 5-man. So far it seems the best option has been to go small and put Rojas there. I just don't feel great about his decision making. Pierre is good for at least 2 horrible, selfish shots a game. And we still struggle to consistently find a man to block out on the defensive boards.

I'm going with an optimistic view that we'll see continued progress but just fall short.

Comment

This team is schizophrenic so it makes sense the fanbase is...

Comment

Working...
                              X