No announcement yet.

The Buck Stops Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now let's get those boys fired up for Creighton and see a good effort. It doesn't matter if we win, let's just see a good effort! A good effort starts with defense. Nobody has to make baskets in that aspect of the game. Let's build off one defensive stop at a time!

GOOO SHOX!

T

...8)

Comment

Cold, if you would have read my second-to-last sentence you would understand my point, which wasn't directed to anything you said anyway. (Sometimes you flatter yourself too much).

One half of a season is not enough time to blame the coach for anything on the court, let alone apply a "buck stops here" cliche.

Comment

I just think like most things responsibility should be assigned to more than just one person. I think the coach obviously has his role, but these student athletes are adults, not children, and everyone--including the players need to do their part for things to work. If they don't produce, coach will recruit players who will. Just like he's expected to produce wins as coach, if they're scholarship players they need to be held accountable or lose their scholarship (we've got 1 or 2 right now that would fall into that category).

I admired Truman a lot for his no-nonsense approach, but being the leader of the most powerful country in the world (especially at that time) during a time of world war is a little different from a basketball coach.

With that said, in the end HCGM will be the one fired if the team isn't successful, but the 'end' is a l-o-n-g time from now, and we haven't even begun to see how good the program will be under his leadership (I agree with the orignal poster):

I firmly believe he has the potential to be the very best coach the Shockers have ever had. He has all the credentials and in a couple of years, we'll be back.
        Amen to that.

Comment

Working...
        X