Pre-Game Thread: vs Missouri (11/29/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Does anyone know how much money would be owed to IB if we told him to pack his bags at the end of the season?
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I want to say it would be around $3.8M
    "the term of employment will run from May 1, 2021, to April 30, 2026. Coach Brown will receive one million the first two years, 1.25 million in years three and four, and 1.5 million in year five." "if he's fired without cause in section 13 of the LOI. How much varies depending on the year of employment - if it happens in years 1-3, he gets whatever remains on his contract still. If it happens in years 4-5, he gets half of whatever remains." This is from one of "Ted Lasso's" posts quoting the terms.

It would appear that Brown would get $4 million if fired at the end of this season.

Comment

• Money well spent
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

"the term of employment will run from May 1, 2021, to April 30, 2026. Coach Brown will receive one million the first two years, 1.25 million in years three and four, and 1.5 million in year five." "if he's fired without cause in section 13 of the LOI. How much varies depending on the year of employment - if it happens in years 1-3, he gets whatever remains on his contract still. If it happens in years 4-5, he gets half of whatever remains." This is from one of "Ted Lasso's" posts quoting the terms.

It would appear that Brown would get $4 million if fired at the end of this season.
        That drops to $1.375 million on May 1, 2024 and $750,000 on May 1, 2025.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That drops to $1.375 million on May 1, 2024 and $750,000 on May 1, 2025.

Can we wait that long? That is the question.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Can we wait that long? That is the question.
            I suspect yes, unless WSU wins under 10 games this year or something drastic like that. If Kevin Saal goes out and lands a splash hire in 2024 I don't think many people will dwell on an additional mediocre season.

The one issue I see is that May 1, 2024 is well into the offseason. Not ideal for a new coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

The one issue I see is that May 1, 2024 is well into the offseason. Not ideal for a new coach.
              a HORRIBLE contract

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I suspect yes, unless WSU wins under 10 games this year or something drastic like that. If Kevin Saal goes out and lands a splash hire in 2024 I don't think many people will dwell on an additional mediocre season.

I despise old AD. If this continues into next season, I’m not sure I’ll even chime into the games. I live in the UK now and have to make some really rough hours to watch the games. I’ve done it bc I love wichita state basketball, but that love is quickly dying out. Saal needs to do something at the end of THIS season, because you think our attendance is bad now? It’ll be abysmal next season.

We need fire and fresh blood, not IB, not Marshall, someone new who can invigorate the entirety of Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

This is a joke, right? Suddenly I just got the feeling this isn’t IB’s last season and I’m not sure we can blame Saal if he makes that choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

This is a joke, right? Suddenly I just got the feeling this isn’t IB’s last season and I’m not sure we can blame Saal if he makes that choice.
                    Not sure Saal is the one making that choice. He may or may not be promoting that choice but ultimately the choices made by the deep pocketed boosters will determine timing.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 1, 2022, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Hello Kevin thanks for coming in on such short notice...I'd like to introduce you to everybody's friend Charles.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• We played well at times but ball protection was poor. I am encouraged by the 2nd consecutive game of good shooting percentage. We should have won this game. 5 less turnovers and shoot 75 percent from the line and we win in regulation. The team played hard but didn’t close it out at the free throw line. Porter got a great shot at the end of regulation. 80 percent of the time he makes that shot. I thought the backup point guard played very well. Maybe move him to starting point guard and have CPjr play the shooting guard. Still early in the season. We will see how they do against KState who got whipped tonight at Butler. Crowd was pretty good in the 2nd half. Biggest crowd of the season. 7500?

Comment

• The hate on Porter is freaking laughable. This dude has carried this team this season despite an incompetent coach. He has an efficiency rating of 18.25 which is really good. I see a lot of complaining about his ball handling. His A/TO ratio is 1.18 which while it could be better is not terrible considering the lack of structure and guidance on offense by the coaching staff. The guy is averaging 7.1 rebounds per game as a 6'2" gaurd for f*cks sake. Not to mention shooting 50% from FG and 38% from three. But wait, there's more, at 6'2" he is averaging 2.3 blocks per game. Unbelievable!! There is a lot of blame for the inconsistent play this season, but Porter should be the last guy on that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            The hate on Porter is freaking laughable. This dude has carried this team this season despite an incompetent coach. He has an efficiency rating of 18.25 which is really good. I see a lot of complaining about his ball handling. His A/TO ratio is 1.18 which while it could be better is not terrible considering the lack of structure and guidance on offense by the coaching staff. The guy is averaging 7.1 rebounds per game as a 6'2" gaurd for f*cks sake. Not to mention shooting 50% from FG and 38% from three. But wait, there's more, at 6'2" he is averaging 2.3 blocks per game. Unbelievable!! There is a lot of blame for the inconsistent play this season, but Porter should be the last guy on that list.
                            No one is "hating" on Porter. You can recognize him for being good at all of those things, while also recognizing that as our starting point guard, he only has four more assists than turnovers on the season, including 5 turnovers in a game we lost in OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

No one is "hating" on Porter. You can recognize him for being good at all of those things, while also recognizing that as our starting point guard, he only has four more assists than turnovers on the season, including 5 turnovers in a game we lost in OT.
                              I guess I just believe the plethora of positives outweigh the one negative. Maybe I am in the minority on that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I guess I just believe the plethora of positives outweigh the one negative. Maybe I am in the minority on that though.
                                I agree but he needs to learn how to pass out of pressure rather than dribble into it. As a pg I feel he should be looking to draw post defenders when driving and finding someone under the hoop to pass to. But he is generally driving for a shot himself, which he has had some success with. But a pg needs to make the team work. That and stop the 5-10 seconds of dribbling at the top while diagnosing a potential drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X