No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs Missouri (11/29/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game ended like several games did last year; have a decent lead in the second half, but can't keep it. It became predictable and I was hoping it wouldn't happen again last night, but...

In IB's first year WSU won all, or most, of the close games in the final minute/s. I just can't seem to put my finger on it (what happened last year) since the same team returned (last year).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      This game ended like several games did last year; have a decent lead in the second half, but can't keep it. It became predictable and I was hoping it wouldn't happen again last night, but...

In IB's first year WSU won all, or most, of the close games in the final minute/s. I just can't seem to put my finger on it (what happened last year) since the same team returned (last year).
      maybe having a true PG (Gilbert)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Ya know, between the NCAA transfer rule, the NIL, the Covid restrictions, the officials allowing "let em play" ........college basketball ain't as much fun as it used to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Ya know, between the NCAA transfer rule, the NIL, the Covid restrictions, the officials allowing "let em play" ........college basketball ain't as much fun as it used to be.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Seeing Shammah Scott drop dimes las night made it clear that, while talented in many ways, Craig Porter is not the best facilitator. If Scott can develop into anything close to Gilbert the team will be better for it. Playing Scott at the 1 and Porter at the 2 is probably our best guard combo going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Pohto is our best shooter from three, supposedly, despite his being 0fer. He hasn't taken one the last two or three games
                And this frustrates me. My question is IB discouraging KP from shooting or has KP lost confidence and is now overly hesitant. The team and the offense needs him to take open threes and to roll off his screens more. Establishing him as an offensive threat is important to the teams success. IMHO he has a lot of untapped potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

And this frustrates me. My question is IB discouraging KP from shooting or has KP lost confidence and is now overly hesitant. The team and the offense needs him to MAKE open threes and to roll off his screens more. Establishing him as an offensive threat is important to the teams success. IMHO he has a lot of untapped potential.
                  FTFY

Comment

• Can't disagree but you didn't address my question

Comment

And this frustrates me. My question is IB discouraging KP from shooting or has KP lost confidence and is now overly hesitant. The team and the offense needs him to take open threes and to roll off his screens more. Establishing him as an offensive threat is important to the teams success. IMHO he has a lot of untapped potential.
                      Dude needs to hang out with our current starting 2 guard. He doesn't seem to be phased by misses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

For a half second, this was what I saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          This game ended like several games did last year; have a decent lead in the second half, but can't keep it. It became predictable and I was hoping it wouldn't happen again last night, but...

There is a fine line between winning and losing in D1 basketball Just a few plays often determine it throughout the game. Mental toughness and discipline are what prevent those "losing plays". That usually comes from good coaching. In my opinion we won those games the first year because of carry over toughness and discipline ingrained in the team by GM.

As the "let dawgs be dawgs" coaching style has become ingrained in our players, they play more like a summer pick-up team than a well coached basketball team. That is a recipe for mediocrity.

Comment

• I want to like this team, and there are things that I do like, but we just feel like a JUCO team to me. It's been a long time since we've felt like JUCO team, but we are again. I know part of that is the transfer portal, but there's definitely more to it.

I remember going downtown and watching Tekele Cotton as a freshman vs UAB (pretty sure, it's been many years) and knowing he was gonna be a problem for opposing offenses. He couldn't shoot at all, but he still was a man on the court. We just don't have any of that now. I feel like I'm watching a game at the damn YMCA.

I don't even know what I'm saying, I'm just babbling and frustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                              I want to like this team, and there are things that I do like, but we just feel like a JUCO team to me. It's been a long time since we've felt like JUCO team, but we are again. I know part of that is the transfer portal, but there's definitely more to it.

I remember going downtown and watching Tekele Cotton as a freshman vs UAB (pretty sure, it's been many years) and knowing he was gonna be a problem for opposing offenses. He couldn't shoot at all, but he still was a man on the court. We just don't have any of that now. I feel like I'm watching a game at the damn YMCA.

I don't even know what I'm saying, I'm just babbling and frustrated.
                              You're not wrong.

Comment

KP lost confidence and is now overly hesitant. The team and the offense needs him to take open threes and to roll off his screens more. Establishing him as an offensive threat is important to the teams success. IMHO he has a lot of untapped potential.
                                Yes. Ive noticed he doesn't roll (cut) to the hoop after the screen. Need to do that more often as he has missed plenty of opportunities for an easy duece at the rim.

FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X