Pre-Game Thread: vs Missouri (11/29/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
    well at least the USMNT won today and the Shox have proven they don't have to suck. Get it together fellas and go compete!
    They both suck.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We have some dawgs but not an owner.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Not sure we'll shoot that good or score that much again all year. And at home against a decent but not great team we still lay the L.

I just don't think I can go through another year of watching this. There are no adjustments made from game to game at all. Just the same regurgitated mumbojumbo. As others have mentioned, this result is better long term for the future of the program.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shooting wise at least that was likely our A game. Maybe even A+. With the absolutely dismal expectations for this team, playing a team receiving even a bit of AP votes to overtime is exceeding expectations.

We've had really questionable play down the stretch against Richmond and in these last two losses.

Unfortunately, we have a lot of probable losses before conference play and may struggle to stay above 500. If we can't keep up shooting nights like this, it could get ugly against a talented team that is coached well enough to exploit our lack of discipline and ball control.

This didn't move the needle for me. I still expect this year's team to having a losing season and finish in the bottom four in the AAC. I think we will continue to shed fans for the next few years until the Isaac Brown is forgotten and people trust the direction of the program again. And I don't think we have a route to the tournament until that happens.

Frankly, if we don't succeed with the next coach and have a fast turnaround things will get extremely difficult. We won't have the booster money to swing for the fences. It could be a bit of a death spiral.

It sucks that we lost and I wasn't even a bit angry. Not even when we just needed FTs in regulation. I actually thought we did better than expected and that the loss didn't matter, and that is a bad place to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
            Shooting wise at least that was likely our A game. Maybe even A+. With the absolutely dismal expectations for this team, playing a team receiving even a bit of AP votes to overtime is exceeding expectations.

We've had really questionable play down the stretch against Richmond and in these last two losses.

Unfortunately, we have a lot of probable losses before conference play and may struggle to stay above 500. If we can't keep up shooting nights like this, it could get ugly against a talented team that is coached well enough to exploit our lack of discipline and ball control.

This didn't move the needle for me. I still expect this year's team to having a losing season and finish in the bottom four in the AAC. I think we will continue to shed fans for the next few years until the Isaac Brown is forgotten and people trust the direction of the program again. And I don't think we have a route to the tournament until that happens.

Frankly, if we don't succeed with the next coach and have a fast turnaround things will get extremely difficult. We won't have the booster money to swing for the fences. It could be a bit of a death spiral.

It sucks that we lost and I wasn't even a bit angry. Not even when we just needed FTs in regulation. I actually thought we did better than expected and that the loss didn't matter, and that is a bad place to be.
            Agree with a lot of your sentiments. BUT, I can’t believe, with at least 4 air balls, that this was likely our “A” game…or even an “A+”…unless you grade on the dreaded curve.

Comment

• A lot of you put way to much emphasis on "air balls".

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                A lot of you put way to much emphasis on "air balls".
                Not when they are WIDE Open shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

why?
                  Is it not unbelievably obvious?
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Pohto is our best shooter from three, supposedly, despite his being 0fer. He hasn't taken one the last two or three games

Comment

• We're a softball school now
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Here is my new starting line up for K. State game. 1. Porter 2. Scott 3. Walton 4. Gus 5. Kenny P.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          Here is my new starting line up for K. State game. 1. Porter 2. Scott 3. Walton 4. Gus 5. Kenny P.
                          That’s obvious to everyone except our HC.
                          Also, can IB call Shaq and ask him to come show Kenny how to do a jump ball?
                          Waking up this morning, I am encouraged by a few things: we have 3 reliable scorers - Porter, Walton and Okafor. Those guys are the core. Kenny should be in that group, but he’s still young and improving, as frustrating as that is. Garrett Stutz and Shaq Morris were equally frustrating as sophomores. We NEED a reliable 2 guard, or we NEED to have the Prairie View kid become the backup PG and move Porter to the 2. As many have said, the coaching decisions, or lack thereof, are very frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            We're a softball school now
                            Bowling

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

Bowling
                              Wichita has always been a bowling school first imo....

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Wichita has always been a bowling school first imo....
                                Exhibit A:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X