No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs Missouri (11/29/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Mizzou team will be killed by many teams in the SEC. We played "better"...but have SO far to go in order to be a top half AAC team.

Comment

• It was all for naught because we couldn’t make the free throws when they mattered and we couldn’t take care of the ball. This should be a huge learning lesson for these guys.

Comment

• Best outcome for the long term health of the program, unfortunately.

We are just way too undisciplined to help ourselves out. Every game there is something that makes you wring your hands.

Comment

• well at least the USMNT won today and the Shox have proven they don't have to suck. Get it together fellas and go compete!
          Phi Alpha

Comment

• Yes, we all know we are not that good. The fact that we almost beat Mizzou shows that they are not nearly as good as their record. You can’t win many games playing as sloppy as we did a big chunk of this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              Well, sucks. But I saw things that were at least encouraging. Still a lot of frustrating stuff. But I won't dog on the guys tonight. They played hard and showed some fight.
              I've said this exact thing to myself probably 10 times over the past two years. It's the same old story with this team. Every positive step is met with three dumbass plays that show zero BBIQ.

Comment

• And cut.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• K-State and Okie State will boat race the shocks. This was our one chance, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    The missed free throws down the stretch lost us this game
                    I'll second that

Comment

• We need a point guard in the worst way. Porter isn’t a point guard and neither is Porter. They turn it over way to much and really don’t play under control. I thought. Shabaz had a nice game. We let a good shooting game go down the drain

Comment

• How can anyone be encourage with what they saw?!?!
                        The Assman

Comment

• Seemed like we shot the ball better tonight. But yeah...too many turnovers and still learning how to play together. A win tonight would've possibly elevated this group into "believers" going forward...but towards the end of the game...the body language looked tired and non-believers. Kenny needs a masterclass in big man play as well. Poor guy. All in all...a good effort. Keep pushing fellas...long season to go...learn and get better.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                            Not the players fault. Talent without guidance.
                            And I'll second that - why didn't we leave Ballard in to control the OT tip. Very important to score first in OT. Lots of mental lapses tonight and missed free throws

Comment

• 3 thoughts:
                              1. Losses are good for the long term health of the program, short term pain, long term gain. IB is not the answer to any of our questions for future success.
                              2. Porter is not good. This is the second game, against average competition that he has sucked hard. And most coaches would have literally killed him by now with his turnovers. Airball a floater? 5 to's, so many that they removed ball handling duties from him.
                              3. Mizzou will not finish above .500 on the season.

FYI. Porter was 28/24 assist to turnover going into tonight. 3 assist and 5 to's tonight. From your senior pg who is your leader? lol

Comment

• I’m officially done watching this team. So poorly coached and worse execution. The lack of rebounding and hustle is embarrassing. The worst part is all the empty seats. That is not sustainable. Here’s to hoping we go find a decent name for this job.

Comment

Working...
                                X