X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Wichita - 72

Misery - 81

I don't know much about the Tigers, but they're bound to be bigger and more athletic than any team we've faced so far and I don't think that is a recipe for success.
    They have 8 players getting between 18-26 minutes (one more at 15 minutes), none over 6'8" (mostly 6'4" and up). One is 5'10". Their bigger men do not see the floor very often. They do have a lot of seniors, 6, with 2 juniors, and 1 freshman (he's the one that has played 15 mpg) in that group.

There are a lot of new faces in their top 9. Four of them transferred from Valley schools.
    Last edited by ShockTalk; November 28, 2022, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

That place used to be insane when Norm Stewart was calling the shots. It can happen anywhere.

Mediocre to bad basketball for the majority of the last 10 years will do that. The students have showed up in force this season and brought a lot of energy for the new coaching staff. The clip from Twitter is from an 11 AM game this past Saturday with the students away and most KC/St. Louis folks opting to come for the football game Friday and not a basketball game against Houston Baptist a day later.

This schedule has been incredibly favorable for a new staff trying to build cohesion. Southern Indiana kind of pushed us and Penn did as well but it has been as soft of an opening schedule sequence as I have ever seen. We know Wichita State will present a much more formidable challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou Man View Post

Mediocre to bad basketball for the majority of the last 10 years will do that. The students have showed up in force this season and brought a lot of energy for the new coaching staff. The clip from Twitter is from an 11 AM game this past Saturday with the students away and most KC/St. Louis folks opting to come for the football game Friday and not a basketball game against Houston Baptist a day later.

This schedule has been incredibly favorable for a new staff trying to build cohesion. Southern Indiana kind of pushed us and Penn did as well but it has been as soft of an opening schedule sequence as I have ever seen. We know Wichita State will present a much more formidable challenge.
        Welcome. Just to let you know Play Angry left town a few years ago. It's a different era.

Comment

A win plus someone posturizing Noah Carter would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Welcome. Just to let you know Play Angry left town a few years ago. It's a different era.
            It’s Let Dawgs Be Dawgs now. I believe that was the brainchild of Rashard Kelly,

Comment

Comment

We have to win this game on the glass. Old school, pound the offensive glass relentlessly and lock in on the defensive side. Not sure we're disciplined enough to pick these guys up at half court and stay in their face because they will walk into any and every transition 3 that presents itself. It's a different animal in defensive transition and I'm afraid we haven't played enough together to be on the same page. These guys are certainly beatable, but we'll have to be the much tougher group.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  We have to win this game on the glass. Old school, pound the offensive glass relentlessly and lock in on the defensive side. Not sure we're disciplined enough to pick these guys up at half court and stay in their face because they will walk into any and every transition 3 that presents itself. It's a different animal in defensive transition and I'm afraid we haven't played enough together to be on the same page. These guys are certainly beatable, but we'll have to be the much tougher group.
                  The Shox will most certainly have to pound the offensive glass better than they have all season.

Comment

View the best Wichita State vs Missouri odds, betting trends, and line movements for 03/27/2024. We've got their head to head and last 10 game results.

Shockers opened as 1.5 favorites.

Go Vegas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      https://www.vegasinsider.com/college...wichita-state/

Shockers opened as 1.5 favorites.

Go Vegas!!!
                      That is last years game, Missouri opened at -1.5.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaab-...29-2022/177166

Comment

Kevin Sjuts AP Voter
                        KOLN/KGIN-TV (Lincoln, NE)

He voted Missouri as the #24 team in yesterday's AP Poll. He was the only one who voted for the Tigers.

Comment

If Missouri gets to play its game, this will be a blowout of colossal proportions. Our team cannot jump its scoring to match 93 a game.

The only way this is competitive in any way is for it to be a muddy, lunch-pail style game. We could win or lose close, but only Missouri can win in a blowout.

Hopefully the Tigers aren't as effective as the last hot shooting team we faced.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                            If Missouri gets to play its game, this will be a blowout of colossal proportions. Our team cannot jump its scoring to match 93 a game.

The only way this is competitive in any way is for it to be a muddy, lunch-pail style game. We could win or lose close, but only Missouri can win in a blowout.

Hopefully the Tigers aren't as effective as the last hot shooting team we faced.
                            if Missouri scores 80 I'll eat my hat.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

if Missouri scores 80 I'll eat my hat.
                              Put a little heat on that hat! Goes down easier...
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

It is time we got back to dominating at HOME! We win by 10

Comment

Working...
                                X