Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Grand Canyon (11/21/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Ricks, no Abidde.

Comment

• Not a pretty game but a nice 12 point win for the Shocks. Was unable to watch but the Shocks are apparently doing some good things on the defensive end. The offense needs some work, Only 5 assists on 23 baskets but maybe that is just the style the Shocks play.

Nice to see the local kid, Xavier Bell, have a nice game. I am thinking he may have been trying too hard especially at home. Let's hope this was a breakout game for him.

Poor Bear sure has been given some solid minutes.

Not sure what to think about Kenny Pohto. I don't really care that much for James Rojas' game. A bit too selfish for my taste but again that my be more due to HCIB's "system" and what he allows players to do.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I'm guessing longer than you. You're welcome to your own opinion.
          Ok Chief, if you have 62 years beat, then hats off to ya! But I guess no one in the top 100 got your favor until Craig came along?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            No Ricks, no Abidde.
            I knew we forgot somebody.

Comment

• Not sure if our D is really that good or our opponents three point shooting just terrible. Was an ugly win IMO especially with only FIVE assists. GCU was pretty bad. We have no centers who can post up anyone. I will credit IB with changing up defenses. Liked that he subbed quickly for Rojas and Pierre after bad mental errors. Should be a tougher game tomorrow.

Comment

• For those of you who saw the game what did you think of WSU’s guard play? Personally, I don’t recognize anything that you would call a half court set. Is this WSU now? Road to nowhere.

Comment

• For those that watched the game either in person or on TV was it as physical as Kennedy and Close made it sound with the officials not calling much? If so, that could have contributed to the lack of offense.

Comment

• Grand Canyon was about as talented as an above average UMKC team.

Comment

• didn't watch but seems like our shooting is still in need of improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        For those that watched the game either in person or on TV was it as physical as Kennedy and Close made it sound with the officials not calling much? If so, that could have contributed to the lack of offense.
                        I didn't see anything that made me question the officiating. I mean sure, there were times like any game. But it wasn't an overly physical game.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Did Rojas get back in after acting a fool?
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Did Rojas get back in after acting a fool?
                            Yes, and promptly picked up a 4th foul
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              No Ricks, no Abidde.
                              Didn't realize that in real time .. but thats ... telling...

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                For those that watched the game either in person or on TV was it as physical as Kennedy and Close made it sound with the officials not calling much? If so, that could have contributed to the lack of offense.
                                Not crazy physical, but there were moments. #30, imo, played a bit chippy (almost dirty). He was getting away witb some over the backs, and some hacks. Probably why Rojas verbally let him have it and got the T. It would have taken some restraint from most anyone not to.

GCU does continue to win the National award in student/band participation and organization. They could make some coin teaching what they do, to other schools. It’s a bit annoying for opposing fans, incredibly fun if I was a GCU fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X