Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Grand Canyon (11/21/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Game Thread: vs. Grand Canyon (11/21/22)

Date and Time: Nov 21 (Mon) 2:00 P.M.
    Mascot: Thunder the Antelope
    TV & Radio: CBS Sports Network --- KEYN 103.7 FM

Shockers: Win by 6+
    39.02%
    Shockers: Win by 1 to 5
    17.07%
    Toss-Up: Could Go Either Way
    31.71%
    Shockers: Lose by 1 to 5
    4.88%
    Shockers: Lose by 6+
    7.32%

The poll is expired.

I’m voting for a tossup, because I have no freaking idea what to expect from this team.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      I’m voting for a tossup, because I have no freaking idea what to expect from this team.
      It’s not at home so that gives me a little more hope

Comment

I see no scenario where UNI beats USF, so the winner gets the Dons for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I see no scenario where UNI beats USF, so the winner gets the Dons for the title.
          I've expected us to be battling UNI for 3rd since the pairings were released.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Gotta love PantherNation: This after losing to Richmond 68-55

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
            Pretty typical early season game the last 5-10 years. It's nice knowing before the end of November your at large chances are done. That way you can start prepping early for the only 3-4 games that matter all year.

Wxcpanther:

Their at large chances are nowhere near done. Lots of good basketball teams still on the schedule. They will get better.

Comment

Gotta love PantherNation: This after losing to Richmond 68-55

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
              Pretty typical early season game the last 5-10 years. It's nice knowing before the end of November your at large chances are done. That way you can start prepping early for the only 3-4 games that matter all year.

Wxcpanther:

Their at large chances are nowhere near done. Lots of good basketball teams still on the schedule. They will get better.
              Tale as old as time
              78-65

Comment

Thunder = 63
                Lightening = 64

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Looking forward to going to the game. Cheap lower bowl tickets are available on StubHub. Easy drive from Topeka so I’m going for both days. We fans need to support our team. Go to the Roundhouse if you can’t make it to KC. We need the atmosphere to improve at the arena. We have some talented players this year.

Comment

I took the day off work and will most likely be watching this game, as well as USA v Wales, at Spaulding's.

I did have a friend talk about trying to go up to KC, but I only had one day of PTO left for the year.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      I took the day off work and will most likely be watching this game, as well as USA v Wales, at Spaulding's.

I did have a friend talk about trying to go up to KC, but I only had one day of PTO left for the year.
                      Understandable. I’m retired so it is easy for me to go.

Comment

Well crap. I dug out my 2006 Wichita State Campion sweatshirt with the MoValley logo on it just to wear if we got to play North Iowa. Weird but I don't remember this sweatshirt being this tight.

Comment

The wife and two of our friends are heading to KC for both games. Go Shocks

Comment

I'm not saying that still won't happen but if it does it won't be for 1st. SFU is solid.

Hopefully I'll get to breakdown the GCU v MSU game tonight and provide a little insight what to expect from the Lopes.

Comment

Before the season if we went into this tournament 3-0, I felt I'd start getting legitimately excited about the season. Good win at Richmond, if they can manage to go 2-0 in Kansas City, maybe we've got something going again? No idea what happens here, but the Richmond win gave me some hope.

We're all here on pins and needles hoping that maybe we can beat Grand Canyon. My how times have changed lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X