Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've come around on Kellen. At first it didn't make sense to me, but I can see it now. Just assure me we made a run at Jans and either we couldn't get there, or he is simply dug in. Then I can hop on the Kellen train.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      I've come around on Kellen. At first it didn't make sense to me, but I can see it now. Just assure me we made a run at Jans and either we couldn't get there, or he is simply dug in. Then I can hop on the Kellen train.
      Mine has been cj, griffin then KS.
      MY prediction is : announcement will take place 2 days after Houston finishes their season.

Comment

• Houston is playing in KC this weekend. Someone slip an Apple Airtag on Saal's car.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Everybody............breathe.............
          Shaka Smart technique…hmmm!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Wouldn't that be a Shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post

Becker can x-and-o with the best. I’ve copied his inbounds plays for the youth team I coach.
              Youth team eh? Do you have trouble turning door handles with ease?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                I wake up and there are 10 new pages of posts... I'm thinking surely we have a new coach .... But no lol
                Waking up at 6:00pm?

Mustve been a rough weekend.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Good call that.

Would definitely qualify as a “Shock” hire.
                  The Assman

Comment

• I think re/engaging the fanbase is the top problem to overcome. That may have something to do with the win/loss record at home too. Of all the coaches I've seen mentioned I think the unproven Kellen Sampson would stand the best chance of doing that job. I've looked at some of his utube stuff.. He has a *fire* in his manner we havent seen in a few years. He's youngish, energetic, and comes from a fine coaching background. The people in Houston reallly seem to appreciate his father and I think the people in Wichita can get behind a coach that values the city they live in. I also think Coach IB was beginning to get his feet on the ground from the team coaching aspect but he was losing the fanbase. I don't think we could handle another year with a less than half full Koch so...

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                      I agree the lack of an announcement may very well mean our next coach is still coaching.
                      It would have leaked out already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

It would have leaked out already.
                        Yeah, I am not buying that they have to wait until Houston is not playing anymore. He is an assistant coach, not head coach. There have been examples of assistant coaches take jobs during the tournament, but stay with their team until they finish the season.

It just feels like maybe the possible candidates are waiting to see what happens with other higher profile jobs before getting into hard negotiations.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Everybody............breathe.............
                          I’ve spent the last hour trying to decipher this code to no avail. Either we are really just supposed to breathe or I’m no Robert Langdon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I don't know. A good portion of people on here didn't think we have money to even change coaches this year. Now we don't think a million-dollar buyout before we even pay the coach is a deterrent?
                            I didn’t believe we had the money but once we made the change I don’t believe we can afford to be cheap now. The good ol Sunk Cost theory. Can’t think about what we have spent already, gotta go with the best option available moving forward

Comment

• Do you guys know the difference between Tom Crean and Gregg Marshall in their prime? When Gregg was at his best he wanted to destroy you on the court morning, noon and night. Crean was happy being a good X, O coach. The point is one ended up on tv and the other went on to the Final Four and created a respected and in some cases a feared Shocker brand. I would hope WSU gets a guy who’s a killer and a great XO Coach. Not just a good coach.

Comment

• Just in case we aren't waiting on the UH assistant, I dusted off the list from right after GGG was gone. I might be wrong, but all these fellas are still available??

After an investigation into misconduct, Gregg Marshall has resigned from Wichita State Basketball. Who are some potential coaches the team should consider?

Comment

Working...
                                X