Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We disagree. We still have no clue how to handle a press. Also, shooting 14 threes and only making 1 coming out of the half doesn’t seem like a solid offensive strategy protecting a 13 point lead.

Im not sure how you give coaching a pass on any facet of this game. Blaming the players is a poor excuse.
    We broke the press just fine this game. Turnovers were caused by sloppy passes and some physical defense. We'd play well out of timeouts and keep it up until the players got sloppy and started settling for bad 3 pointers instead of working the ball inside.

We had a good lead in the final minutes. Defense guarded with hands forward instead of up, and the Tulane players took advantage by jumping into our arms and drawing fouls.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Marshall/Beard/Jans/Turgeon/Calipari/

Comment

• Originally posted by xshox9 View Post
        Marshall/Beard/Jans/Turgeon/Calipari/
        Well that's a fun list. Now give us a realistic one. LMAO

Turgeon is the only realistic one on that list.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Pohto's line: 7-11 FG / 3-4 FT / 17 points / 9 rebounds / 4 assists / 2 TO / 1 steal / 2 blocks

Pohto made a layup with 15:43 left in the 2nd half. His next shot was a made jumper at 29 seconds left in OT.

That's a lack of coaching right there.
          Last edited by ShockTalk; January 25, 2023, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Well that's a fun list. Now give us a realistic one. LMAO

Turgeon is the only realistic one on that list.
            Marshall/Beard
            Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post

Marshall/Beard
              You guys crack me up....
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post

Marshall/Beard
                Marshall is more realistic than Beard.

Which should tell you how realistic Beard is.....which is not at all.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Marshall/Beard/Wooden

Comment

• Maybe we could see what Al MaGuire and Henry Iba are up to these days.

Both would be just as likely to coach here next year as Marshall or Beard.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      Maybe we could see what Al MaGuire and Henry Iba are up to these days.

Both would be just as likely to coach here next year as Marshall or Beard.
                      Coach K is still alive

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

We broke the press just fine this game. Turnovers were caused by sloppy passes and some physical defense. We'd play well out of timeouts and keep it up until the players got sloppy and started settling for bad 3 pointers instead of working the ball inside.

We had a good lead in the final minutes. Defense guarded with hands forward instead of up, and the Tulane players took advantage by jumping into our arms and drawing fouls.
                        I didn't watch or listen to the game for the first time in 55 years, so I have no opinion on yesterday's game. But it sounds like you're saying that our players are at fault and aren't very good. How is that solved?

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                          This will be an unpopular opinion, but the coaching did not lose this game. We played well out of timeouts until the team would start playing sloppy again. We had the lead down the stretch in regulation and whistles and free throws brought Tulane back in it. Whether you agree with those whistles, that's on you. But it wasn't the coaching.
                          It absolutely is the coaching. IB knows what needs to be done and the players actually do it for a possession of two. The fact is IB is completely incapable of getting his team to play that way in long stretches. That is what good coaches do. Establish a culture that players know they have to live up to. IB has very little control over this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Coach K is still alive
                            **** him

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I didn't watch or listen to the game for the first time in 55 years, so I have no opinion on yesterday's game. But it sounds like you're saying that our players are at fault and aren't very good. How is that solved?
                              Get rid of men's basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Get rid of men's basketball.
                                That escalated quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X