Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
    With his health issues I wonder how much he really contributes
    Has to be. I mean, it just doesn’t add up, unless he’s more involved in recruiting somehow

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      IB is a great human being I'm sure but he's the most stale basketball coach I've ever seen or heard. It's the same repetitive lines every freaking interview. There's no passion. He's just going through the motions. I can't imagine what an actual practice session is like.

IB is a great scout as an assistant. Anything more than that is asking wayyyyyy too much. Thanks a lot, Darron Effing Boatright.
      Which probably explains why we seem to be not ready to play at the start of nearly every game.

Comment

• What is going on is the third section of a thesis on how to kill a program. To pretend that IB does not deserve blame for his lack of effort/ability is like saying Biden doesn’t deserve blame for what is happening to our country.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I give Brown his fair share of blame but I feel like this loss rests more with the players. They were in position to win in regulation, but missed free throws, poor passing and poor shot selection down the stretch did us in.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
            I give Brown his fair share of blame but I feel like this loss rests more with the players. They were in position to win in regulation, but missed free throws, poor passing and poor shot selection down the stretch did us in.
            Comes down to coaching. Disciplined teams make less mistakes down the stretch.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
              I give Brown his fair share of blame but I feel like this loss rests more with the players. They were in position to win in regulation, but missed free throws, poor passing and poor shot selection down the stretch did us in.
              Yes, but having guys like Rojas and Bell in the game at crunch time (who both could have sealed it with free throws) was purely a coaching decision

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Yes, but having guys like Rojas and Bell in the game at crunch time (who both could have sealed it with free throws) was purely a coaching decision
                Porter also missed multiple critical free throws.

Comment

• Apologies in advance for my rant !

The team and coaching staff are all to blame. Every. Single. One. Of. Them !

We just lack toughness all the way around. When they had the 12-0 run and Mizzou call a timeout - they were high fiving and smiling ear to ear - there were still 15 or so minutes left and IMO looked like they were satisfied with taking the lead. I get celebrating but it ain't over til it's over. Our former teams put their foot on the throat and pressed down...they were never satisfied

When we play hard (which is a few minutes per game)and actually run plays instead of hero ball....we arent too bad and can beat a lot of teams.

We hardly ever hit the deck going for a loose ball - they need some lessons from Evan W.

Compared to the FVV era- we don't look like they even see the weight room. That's why we got knocked around by the tigers. We were just bouncing off of them and coughing up the ball nearly every time

Anyone remember Fred saying that the games were easy compared to practice? Our guys used to go out and literally beat up their opponents.

It's been this way since GGG left. Maybe all of these guys should watch replays of the good old days . I'm tired of watching a bunch of marshmellos get their arse handed to them because they are soft

End of rant

Mo out !

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

You do realize that, before crunch time, Rojas was 16-17 and Bell 11-12 FT, yes?

Comment

• U all are going about this wrong. U need to talk up the coach of the year award and how well he is navigating the post NIL world with top notch recruiting. Make him a hot commodity
                      so somebody will swoop in and take him away.

Comment

• Thad Matta spanks KSU...will be curious to watch his progress at Butler.

Comment

• The road to nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Comes down to coaching. Disciplined teams make less mistakes down the stretch.
                            Pretzel logic. You can blame the popcorn vendor if you try hard enough.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• My greatest fear is an IBall quagmire

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You do realize that, before crunch time, Rojas was 16-17 and Bell 11-12 FT, yes?
                                I would have had them out because we have better options at the 2 and 4. They should have been on the bench regardless of their free throw shooting prowess.

Comment

Working...
                                X