Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Alcorn State (11/12/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Watch Abidde on the 3rd in the sequence post shot!! I saw this live and thought about how it should be used in after game film session...OMG!!
    I can't believe I just saw that. Actually I can. So what correction does that behavior get? Was the coaching staff even aware that crap was going on? He did that at Shocker Madness and it was hyped then. Looks pretty stupid when you freaking miss the shot!

Comment

• Dude needs to watch some old Tekele film to see how to behave on the court. If ever there was a guy who could have talked trash but didn't. Love me some Tekele!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

XB hasn't shown me anything to point to being a starter, or even primary bench player. He's a warm body honestly. I'd take Ricks or Pierre at the 2, or even Walton at the 2 and someone different at the 3. We have talent. They may not be playing well right now, but at least you can see the talent in a lot of these guys.
        Ricks and Pierre physically completely dominate XB. XB I think wins the mental battle. Pierre is going to be a black hole. XB is going to take better shots that the other two .. but if none of them make it .. does it really matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          This matches what I was thinking during the game. We actually created some pretty good shots .. but kept bricking them.

So at some point you have to say .. maybe we should try to create a different kind of shot rather than continue to hoist 3s when we aren't on.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Watch Abidde on the 3rd in the sequence post shot!! I saw this live and thought about how it should be used in after game film session...OMG!!
            Said that to the person sitting next to me at the game ... "well if he would have just literally stood where he took the shot .. he would have had a rebound"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Ricks and Pierre physically completely dominate XB. XB I think wins the mental battle. Pierre is going to be a black hole. XB is going to take better shots that the other two .. but if none of them make it .. does it really matter?
              Pierre might be the best slasher on the team. If IB could reign in the off balance stuff and use him to drive to the hole, it could work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Pierre might be the best slasher on the team. If IB could reign in the off balance stuff and use him to drive to the hole, it could work.
                Agreed, he has potential. Just needs to learn what's a good shot and what isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Agreed, he has potential. Just needs to learn what's a good shot and what isn't.
                  Tall task to expect a player to learn something the coach doesn’t know.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• How many assists would CP have had if guys would hit some threes. He was doing a great job of drive and dish.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• As bad as the shooting is, watch the rebounding, it's even worse. They have no desire to rebound. When the ball hits the rim, they stand and watch or run to the other end. Most high school teams are better coached.

Comment

• As bad as the shooting is, as bad as the rebounding is, add in off ball player movement, poor ball movement, and a general lack of team court awareness

Comment

• Maybe IB could marginally endear himself to the fanbase if he started pulling out John McKay quotes.

"We didn't shoot well today, but we made up for it by not rebounding."

"Can't stop their guards or their big men. Otherwise, we're in great shape."
                          Last edited by Kel Varnsen; November 15, 2022, 08:25 AM.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

SO good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              Maybe IB could marginally endear himself to the fanbase if he started pulling out John McKay quotes.

"Can't stop their guards or their big men. Otherwise, we're in great shape."
                              I would take the Bobby Knight approach. That would endear me. Get p!ssed and throw a chair or snap a clipboard in half or something. Not casually take off your sweater and place it on your chair.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I would take the Bobby Knight approach. That would endear me. Get p!ssed and throw a chair or snap a clipboard in half or something. Not casually take off your sweater and place it on your chair.
                                I would give IB a pass for the season if he showed some fire and got ejected because of it.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X