Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Central Arkansas (11/07/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    If fHC3GM were brought back, we'd have instant sell outs again. Not saying that's gonna happen -- but it would be as instant as flipping on a light switch.
    Thumbs up!

Comment

• We’re going to get more apathetic when we play a half competent AAC team and we can’t score because we play the dribble and Jack offense. I mean we are in the 3rd. Year of the regime and still not running an offense. You would think Billy would loan us one from his A&M days. One on one ball when you have 4 other teammates is boring and deflating. Basketball- team sport.

Comment

• APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE - Haven’t had time to read through this thread, so I don’t know how much this has already been mentioned:

IB seemed much more emotional and demonstrative last night.

He was getting on players for mistakes and effort, and dictated playing time accordingly.

I don’t know if it was just something I imagined, or if he feels he can do it more with his recruits, or a combination of things; but I liked what I saw regardless.
        The Assman

Comment

• Comment

• It's no Jacksonville, but Ram Spain didn't look too bad last night either.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
              I’m sure confused. All of the Jim Naismiths on here said we didn’t run set plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Pierre’s offensive discipline is more of a problem than his shooting. Too many early in the clock shots
                Not to split hairs (well, I guess I am), early shots are not going to miss, if they are "good" shots and you are a very good shooter. Now Coach may rather not have him doing that, however, his lack of offensive discipline must be not knowing what is and is not a good shot, early in the clock or otherwise. Also, one's attitude can also be a plus or minus in shooting as well.

Comment

• Our set plays are of the iso dribble two (sometimes three) player variety. In todays game, if you have the players and discipline to run them, it is better than almost any other offense being used. The problem is most teams do not have either one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I’m sure confused. All of the Jim Naismiths on here said we didn’t run set plays.
                    Well well look who crawled out of his little hole with more drivel.

Comment

• Had to take a summer break from this board, but I have been optimistic for past few months with the team assembled. Coach IB impressed me the most when he held all 5 starters accountable for missing 2 offensive rebounds and yanked them. Love setting the tone early in season. And I know they didn’t shoot the 3 as well, but I believe they will be much better than last year. Now, if we suck in December, then by all means be bitter (I will be too). But don’t be bitter that we didn’t win by 40 on our first Div 1 game of the year with 12 new players. Come on Man!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          Huh? I thought 100% of the offense was just 5 guys standing around and freelancing.

Comment

I don't mind KP playing the 4 some. But he too soft. Inside offense, rebounding, and defending need to be physical and explosive sometimes. KP just isn't ever physical and explosive. He needs to toughen up and learn how to create inside offense by bodying up the defender.. Works great when timed well Rojas used that several times under the basket when at 6'6, he is shorter.

The only thing that KP is really good at is shooting the 3.
                            Pohto, Ballard, and Abbide each played ~ 13 minutes. Pohto and Ballard had 5 boards each. Abbide had 3. Good rebounding performance from our three centers, and not something I’m worried about with Pohto.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• I think people need to go watch Hoopsvision to see what effective sets against teams willing to switch 1 thru 5 look like. Taylor is doing a great job on Twitter breaking down the sets, variations, and how they build off each other. Old school offenses will fail to create spacing against modern defenses. Adapt or die.

As for the shockers… encouraging exhibition game and season kick off. I thought Shocker Madness was a nightmare -so this has been a pleasant surprise. We are a long way from world beater, but they are better than my bottom of the barrel expectations.

Beyond CPJ3 - it is hard to know how good any of these players will be, but I see a few repeatable skill sets. Especially having multiple guys that can dribble drive that happen to be taller than 6’2”.

We missed a lot of bunnies after good offense. If those go in it is smooth sailing blowout win.

KP will need to time to get comfortable in his new role. Last year we asked him to pick and pop. This year he is trying to post up - the learning & comfort curve is going to be steep. Be patient and see if he figures it out.

Comment

His offensive footwork was more of a problem than his hands.
                                I said compared to other sophomore 7 footers we’ve had in the past, Seems like we give our young bigs a pass with the excuse that it takes bigs longer to develop, yet with Ballard, some people can’t look at the positives and only talk about how slow or stiff he is.

Comment

Working...
                                X