No announcement yet.

Official Scholarship and Roster Outlook 2012-13 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict we will field 2 teams next year. One will win the MVC Legends Division. The other will win the MVC Leaders Division.:smile-new:
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Has uwadaei been written off?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        Has uwadaei been written off?
        Only by me....maybe a few others. The kid is a nice talent. Very athletic and seems to have a pretty good understanding of the game. Needs some time to develop and could be a nice player here. With that said, if he's been at about 4 schools in 2 years, it raises some flags. I think he's the recruit most likely not to be on the roster next year.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm bored. How about a breakdown of minutes played?

PG - Williams 12, Armstead 18, Cotton 10
          SG - Wiggins 18, Williams 15, Baker 7
          SF - Early 20, Wiggins 7, Baker 13
          PF - Hall 12, White 21, Early 7
          C - Ehimen 23, Hall 17

It's a rough estimate
          Hall 29
          Early 27
          Williams 27
          Wiggins 25
          Ehimen 23
          White 21
          Baker 20
          Armstead 18
          Cotton 10

That's a nine man rotation which is what's pretty much expected. Obviously others will get a few minutes here and there. I have a hard time finding minutes for the FR. I could probably tweak a few numbers here and there to get FVV in, but I'm not sure I could find more than 5 to 7 minutes. And it's hard to really predict minutes for Hawkins/Green not knowing more about how they play and the depth of the team.
          Last edited by SubGod22; April 11, 2012, 04:19 PM. Reason: I didn't do it.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If EO plays 23 minutes in any game I'll eat my shoe.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Do any of them have academic scholarship possibilities? EO?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                With or without the laces (velcro)?
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  I'm bored. How about a breakdown of minutes played?

PG - Williams 12, Armstead 18, Cotton 10
                  SG - Wiggins 18, Williams 15, Baker 7
                  SF - Early 20, Wiggins 7, Baker 13
                  PF - Hall 12, White 21, Early 9
                  C - Ehimen 23, Hall 17

It's a rough estimate
                  Early 29
                  Hall 29
                  Williams 27
                  Wiggins 25
                  Ehimen 23
                  White 21
                  Baker 20
                  Armstead 18
                  Cotton 10

That's a nine man rotation which is what's pretty much expected. Obviously others will get a few minutes here and there. I have a hard time finding minutes for the FR. I could probably tweak a few numbers here and there to get FVV in, but I'm not sure I could find more than 5 to 7 minutes. And it's hard to really predict minutes for Hawkins/Green not knowing more about how they play and the depth of the team.
                  I'm thinking the playing time may be more like 2010-11 where there were 10 guys between 13.6-26.1 mpg. You might be a little top heavy on the minutes as last year it went 29, 27, 25 and, as already mentioned, no one over 26.1 mpg the year before. We will have games where the top minute players don't play but 20 or so minutes as well.

I, too, think EO will top out at about 20 mpg. So Cotton had Murry, Ragland, Kyles, and Williams ahead of him last year and played 9.9 mpg and you see him not increasing along with Baker getting 20?

Comment

I still believe we're all going to be pleasantly surprised. 23 is definitely on the high side. I could do it again with him playing 18 or so and see how that changes my minutes.... I'll throw in FVV as well and limit numbers elsewhere. But FVV's minutes will have to be enough to keep him from being a RS.

PG - Williams 12, Armstead 16, FVV 12
                    SG - Wiggins 15, Williams 15, Baker 4, Cotton 6
                    SF - Early 16, Wiggins 10, Baker 14
                    PF - Hall 7, White 21, Early 12
                    C - Ehimen 18, Hall 22

That gives us a 10 man rotation and...

Hall 29
                    Early 28
                    Williams 27
                    Wiggins 25
                    White 21
                    Ehimen 18
                    Baker 18
                    Armstead 16
                    VanVleet 12
                    Cotton 6

And I'm not a huge fan of Early playing about half of his time at PF. That doesn't help him much either. If you dial that back, Ehimen or White have to play more minutes or we have to see one of Hawkins/Green inside as well. With more minutes from Early at SF, Wiggins and/or Baker lose minutes there. You would expect both to get a number of minutes next season which just pushes more of their minutes to SG and would push Cotton/Williams to get more minutes at PG. And I think a 10 man rotation, a legit 10 men playing decent minutes, is tough to pull off.

But I like throwing numbers like this around because it makes you look at available PT and try to spread it to who you think or want to play.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      I'm thinking the playing time may be more like 2010-11 where there were 10 guys between 13.6-26.1 mpg. You might be a little top heavy on the minutes as last year it went 29, 27, 25 and, as already mentioned, no one over 26.1 mpg the year before. We will have games where the top minute players don't play but 20 or so minutes as well.

I, too, think EO will top out at about 20 mpg. So Cotton had Murry, Ragland, Kyles, and Williams ahead of him last year and played 9.9 mpg and you see him not increasing along with Baker getting 20?
                      It's tough to find minutes is what I'm getting at. I have a hard time believing Cotton doesn't play more this season. But Baker has been hyped to be the real deal and is expected to see a lot of court time. 20 might be on the high side there. We have a lot of guys who can play SG which makes it tough. Williams, Wiggins, Cotton and Baker. Two of them also play PG. Wiggins and Baker could also play some SF but Early should get the bulk of those minutes.

This was a quick hitter type of thing. Like I said, some tweaking can be done. But I'd expect to see guys like Williams, Early, Wiggins and Hall to be in the 25-30 range.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

And Cotton benefitted from Smith playing so much at PF which opened up some unexpected minutes on the outside. Hopefully Early doesn't find himself in the same situation of playing much more PF than expected and spending less time at SF.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Would you go for 22 minutes and eat your shoe?

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=2851&DB_OEM_ID=7500&ATCLID=2 05366339
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                            touche. I should have specified d 1 competition. ;)
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I know he had some problems at Bama but Tony Mitchell in the black and yellow would be awesome!!!
                              I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Sub, what "Hall issue" or "Hall thing"? I've asked this before and you never responded.

One guy dropped in to make an uninformed post -- e.g., he didn't even know about the redshirting rules -- about Hall possibly missing next year for some unspecified reason, and then promptly disappeared. Why would you give his random speculation any credence? Do you have some actual evidence for taking him seriously? I certainly can't see any, and if you're guessing that Carl could play close to 30 minutes a game it doesn't look like you do either.

By the way, if Orukpe gets 23 minutes a game I have dibs on BOBB's other shoe...

Comment

Working...
                                X