No announcement yet.

2022-23 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny how Council doesn’t throw the ball to the other team every time down court under his new Coach. Happy for Ricky but depressing him not doing it for us.

Comment

• Louisville continues to be atrocious. They are now 0-6 and won’t be favored for another five games when they play Florida A&M in mid-December. They could be 0-10 by then.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        Louisville continues to be atrocious. They are now 0-6 and won’t be favored for another five games when they play Florida A&M in mid-December. They could be 0-10 by then.
        I don't know how many noticed but Grand Canyon had a former 4* transfer from Louisville that was ranked #36 by ESPN. He didn't even start for them, but might have a lot of upside.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ille-cardinals

Recruit Aidan Igiehon, No. 36 in ESPN 100, commits to Louisville

Comment

• We had several opportunities to, at least offer 3* combo guard Caleb Grill FROM WICHITA, but passed on him. He had 7 threes today and scored thirty points in Iowa States win over North Carolina. We offer many kids with little or no expectations they will sign but we couldn't even offer Grill. Boy, could we use him at shooting guard and backup PG to Porter. I'm sure many of you know his dad played here.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            We had several opportunities to, at least offer 3* combo guard Caleb Grill FROM WICHITA, but passed on him. He had 7 threes today and scored thirty points in Iowa States win over North Carolina. We offer many kids with little or no expectations they will sign but we couldn't even offer Grill. Boy, could we use him at shooting guard and backup PG to Porter. I'm sure many of you know his dad played here.
            I get that, but his specialty is supposed to be shooting and he’s a career 32% 3P shooter. Not saying he’s bad, but he would likely struggle considering we haven’t recruited a ton of good shooters regardless. He is definitely not a point guard.

I know his dad made a comment that Marshall and his staff never reached out. He originally signed with South Dakota State.

I just don’t think it would have been a good fit and I don’t think his skill set would have been some sort of missing link for us. Solid player, but this performance has been an anomaly.

Comment

• UNC has to be one of the most overrated preseason #1 teams ever. Lots of AP voters overestimated their postseason run last season and didn’t take into account much else.

Also, TJ Otzelberger is a great coach.

Comment

• Portland takes out Villanova fairly easily today. Portland gave UNC a challenge but I have to imagine that’s not sitting well with a fan base that has won two national titles in the last eight years.

Comment

• I'm not certain he couldn't have been a fit. There's a reason he starts for them even with his scoring limitations.

Nevertheless, it didn't happen and there's no reason to look backwards now. Great to see the local kids do well though.
                  Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I get that, but his specialty is supposed to be shooting and he’s a career 32% 3P shooter. Not saying he’s bad, but he would likely struggle considering we haven’t recruited a ton of good shooters regardless. He is definitely not a point guard.

I know his dad made a comment that Marshall and his staff never reached out. He originally signed with South Dakota State.

I just don’t think it would have been a good fit and I don’t think his skill set would have been some sort of missing link for us. Solid player, but this performance has been an anomaly.
                    We could use a 32% 3P shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I’m sad that you’re right.

Comment

• Really if we just recruited Kansas kids and international players, we would be far less impacted by transfers and NIL defections.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

A 32% three point shooter translates to a 48% two point shooter

Comment

Nobody is perfect. Sometimes kids mature late and sometimes coaches don't evaluate well.

CJ once told me that Dean Wade wasn't good enough to play here. We were pretty good then. He would have played here. Gregg didn't offer Grill. Caleb got a lot better.

Comment

• Longwood, future Shocker opponent,beat Mary Baldwin (my next door neighbor), by 60+.

Comment

• Reunion game as Mo and New Mexico hosted Monzy and Jacksonville State.

Mo got the best of it, getting 22 points on 11 shots (9-11, 0-0 from 3 and 4-4 from the line are you ****ING KIDDING ME) in 29 minutes to go along with an assist, 2 turnovers and 6 boards. Monzy had 6 points and 2 boards. Lobos won 79-61 and are 4-0.

Comment

Working...
                                X