2022-23 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Look, I'm more on the "defend KU" side than most when it comes to other things, and this is well-documented. I think Self is as good as it gets when it comes to Xs and Os, and I think he cultivates a good culture within the KU program. He's not a Coach K or Calipari type guy when it comes to getting players, and he coaches his rear end off. I love the sets he creates and the way he runs his offense and defense. I would KILL to have him running our program now, and the same applies to Rick Pitino (obviously assuming Marshall's departure). Those guys know basketball and are fantastic at relationships.

But holy cow, this is insane. Self and Townsend knew exactly what was going on. There was no mystery about it. That tape and the relationship with TJ Gassnola showed as much.

Duke and Kentucky? Cheating their asses off. No disciplinary measures. KU does it? Well, a little slap on the wrist and you're on your way. Can you imagine if we had a coach committing violations this blatant?

Coach K, Cal, and Self should all be lumped into the same lot when it comes to avoiding NCAA sanctions. It's like watching Paul Pelosi execute an insider trade.
    Just a reminder...WSU baseball had a few kids BUY Xmas gifts for their families at a discount (cost plus) and were hit with multiple player suspensions, forfeiture of all games in which they participated and had to remove and return the NCAA tournament participation plaque. And we self reported.

I can't begin to tell you the number of ****s I have for Ku and the NCAA.

Comment

Not a good start for the AAC. We already have 3 of the Top 10 Upsets thru 11/08/22.
      Date Winner Score Loser Score
      1 11/07/22 Stetson 83 @ Florida St 74
      2 11/07/22 FGCU 74 @ USC 61
      3 11/07/22 Sam Houston St 52 @ Oklahoma 51
      4 11/07/22 UNC Asheville 98 @ UCF 95
      5 11/07/22 UC Davis 75 @ California 65
      6 11/07/22 Wagner 76 @ Temple 73
      7 11/07/22 Quinnipiac 67 @ Rhode Island 62
      8 11/07/22 W Illinois 71 @ Illinois St 68
      9 11/07/22 SE Missouri St 64 @ South Florida 61
      10 11/07/22 @ Pepperdine 106 Rice 67
      Last edited by Kung Wu; November 10, 2022, 12:04 PM.

Comment

the SELF righteous attitude is beyond belief...

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          Not a good start for the AAC. We already have 3 of the Top 10 Upsets thru 11/08/22.
          Date Winner Score Loser Score
          1 11/07/22 Stetson 83 @ Florida St 74
          2 11/07/22 FGCU 74 @ USC 61
          3 11/07/22 Sam Houston St 52 @ Oklahoma 51
          4 11/07/22 UNC Asheville 98 @ UCF 95
          5 11/07/22 UC Davis 75 @ California 65
          6 11/07/22 Wagner 76 @ Temple 73
          7 11/07/22 Quinnipiac 67 @ Rhode Island 62
          8 11/07/22 W Illinois 71 @ Illinois St 68
          9 11/07/22 SE Missouri St 64 @ South Florida 61
          10 11/07/22 @ Pepperdine 106 Rice 67
          I'm not sure Asheville over UCF is a huge upset. Disappointing from the AAC perspective, but nowhere near some of those on the list. Though I suppose the season is young and there weren't a ton of options at that point.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

UCF was also missing 3 starters .. though i'm not sure how long they are expected to be out.

Comment

Both Mintz and Edert were ejected, as were Bryant players Kvonn Cramer and Tyler Brelsford. Syracuse assistant coaches Adrian Autry, Allen Griffin and director of operations Pete Corasaniti were ejected too.

Oh!...Syracuse lost the game on a last second shot.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Both Mintz and Edert were ejected, as were Bryant players Kvonn Cramer and Tyler Brelsford. Syracuse assistant coaches Adrian Autry, Allen Griffin and director of operations Pete Corasaniti were ejected too.

Oh!...Syracuse lost the game on a last second shot.
                Glad Bryant punked them on the home court. I detest Syracuse and that smarmy Bayheim.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Glad Bryant punked them on the home court. I detest Syracuse and that smarmy Bayheim.
                  I wish I could like this a hundred times

Comment

I have zero love for syracuse and glad they lost, but watching that Bryant player slap him and then turn and run for his life in a circle, then shove his teammate in front of him to hide further, was hilarious.

Comment

• Last edited by Stickboy46; December 12, 2022, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So, you're telling me there might be an opening in Texas for a nice, calm, players type of coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

So, you're telling me there might be an opening in Texas for a nice, calm, players type of coach?
                          No, they will clear him and he will be a media darling by the end of the year.
                          We aren't talking WSU here, this is Texas, (different standards)

Comment

• Disturbing Details Emerge From College Basketball Coach's Arrest
                            Disturbing Details Emerge From College Basketball Coach's Arrest (msn.com)
                            Story by Tzvi Machlin

"Ryan Autullo of the Austin American-Statesman reported that the outlet has obtained the arrest affidavit. Per the report, a woman told police that Beard "choked me, threw me off the bed, bit me, bruises all over my leg, throwing me around, and going nuts."

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Let me know how much you want to wager.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

This is in Texas, and this ain't football. No one cares about bball, Beard is in trouble!

Comment

Working...
                                X