Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

And it's been confirmed by at least two others. We all knew college sports was moving in a direction of **** at the top and this just furthers it.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Guessing PAC12 poaches the MW or stays put.

Comment

Immediate thought: college football is likely going to cannibalize itself going down this path of power consolidation. In my opinion, elements like regional rivalries and school loyalty are what make college football (and college basketball) popular. Would more people watch college football (or basketball) if their school didn't have a somewhat relevant team? I think not.

The AAC's future could hinge on whether the PAC-12 poaches from the Big-12 or vice versa. If the Big-12 loses more teams, the AAC will be dead. If the Big-12 adds teams from the PAC-12, there could be an opportunity for the AAC to add schools. If that does occur, it's going to suck when the AAC can't add any displaced P5 teams because they added the likes of Rice and Charlotte (instead of stopping at 10 or 12 teams).

In sum, contemplating realignment makes my head hurt...

Comment

Currently, the XII has a better media deal than the PAC. If this spurs a response you're going to see the ACC try to get ND in for everything and add one more. I don't know who that would be as many would think WVU but I don't think they fit the ACC.

The question will be if ESPN sees enough value in growing the XII. I believe the PAC is a FOX conference while the XII is split between both currently. Fox isn't going to help harm the PAC. But the XII media rights are due up soon anyway and it would be curious to see how ambitious they would get. You'd think they'd target Arizona and Arizona State. Maybe Oregon and Washington as a combo to get to 16?

The PAC then tries to recover by taking San Diego State, Fresno State, Nevada, San Jose State, Hawaii, UNLV?

Puts the MWC in a bad spot and the AAC goes to 16 with AFA and CSU.

I'm obviously making **** up and haven't had a lot of time to really think things through.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Currently, the XII has a better media deal than the PAC. If this spurs a response you're going to see the ACC try to get ND in for everything and add one more. I don't know who that would be as many would think WVU but I don't think they fit the ACC.
            Pittsburgh is the likely fit

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              What??? Over KU???

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                Guessing PAC12 poaches the MW or stays put.
                I'm not sure they can afford to stay put as you know the XII senses blood in the water and schools like Arizona and ASU may be quick to jump if nothing is done. Years ago there were rumors about Arizona and the XII having some interest and I think that's around the time the PAC expanded.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The PAC then tries to recover by taking San Diego State, Fresno State, Nevada, San Jose State, Hawaii, UNLV?
                  I'm not sure the PAC schools would want to be associated with these 'lesser' academic institutions, but who knows at this point. Academics is the main reason Boise and SDSU have never been seriously considered for the PAC-12.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if this pushes Colorado state to the American after San Diego State gets poached to the pac 12

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Pittsburgh is the likely fit
                      Aren't they already in the ACC?
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I'm not sure the PAC schools would want to be associated with these 'lesser' academic institutions, but who knows at this point. Academics is the main reason Boise and SDSU have never been seriously considered for the PAC-12.
                        That crossed my mind, but I'm not sure what other options they would have, unless there are some snobby privates that play football that I'm unaware in the west.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

What??? Over KU???
                          KU - wins a natty in CBB

B10 - goes to the opposite side of the country for two schools that haven't done a damn thing in major college sports since forever.

The burn. Like shoving a live human into a vat of sulfuric acid.

Comment

Conference geography is bonkers now.

Big 12 with BYU and UCF in the same Conference
                            Big 10 with USC, UCLA in the same conference as Rutgers and Maryland lol

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

KU - wins a natty in CBB

B10 - goes to the opposite side of the country for two schools that haven't done a damn thing in major college sports since forever.

The burn. Like shoving a live human into a vat of sulfuric acid.
                              KU just had to have anything besides the worst D1 football team. Just be below average .. and they would be gone lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X